DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Lightning strike as a storm moves Into Hendersonville, TN this afternoon

rickmurray1989

Reactions
As a severe thunderstorm approached my neighborhood, I flew my Mini 3 Pro up to about 135 feet to try and capture lightning, something that has eluded me over the years. This time, I reached altitude, put the Mini into 4K 60p mode and let it capture. After a few minutes, I saw several lightning strikes, and then I decided to land as the weather was getting more ominous. Subsequently, I brought the video file into an editor and extracted this still image. Lightning 1-Edit-3.jpg

As a severe thunderstorm approached my neighborhood, I flew my Mini 3 Pro up to about 135 feet to try and capture lightning, something that has eluded me over the years. This time, I reached altitude, put the Mini into 4K 60p mode and let it capture. After a few minutes, I saw several lightning strikes, and then I decided to land as the weather was getting more ominous. Subsequently, I brought the video file into an editor and extracted this still image. View attachment 165774
Great job! Totally awesome image.

Don't mean to be picky but please straighten out the horizon if you plan to frame or publish this. Hit the crop tool and rotate a tiny bit counter clockwise. I am compulsive about horizons.

Dale
Miami

Nice photo!

Great pic, the steeple adds a nice contrast to the lightning. Was planning to catch some similar pics but Tampa Bay (lightning capital of the world?) afternoon thunderstorms ain’t happening this summer. Blame El Niño. A2 with wetsuit and Rescue Jacket is ready, I don’t have to stop shooting till the wind picks up. Let it rain.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne