DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Limoncino Yellow - WrapGrade skin

Whack

Reactions
So there I was all ready to go out the door, a busy day planned when the postman arrived with a parcel...
IMG_20180925_101900.jpg
I wasn't expecting this for another week or two at least. Obviously I had to open it up to see how the colour looked and of course once I did that I decided to wrap one of the batteries just to see what it looked like on...
IMG_20180925_105047.jpg

Not too shabby at all & wasn't that hard to apply. Maybe I'll just get it done before heading out for my busy day
IMG_20180925_114256.jpg

IMG_20180925_123425.jpg
This was not the hour or so I'd expected (quite a bit longer in fact and still none of my many jobs done!)... And was fairly fiddly to apply in certain areas but I eventually got it done and went to bring it out back to see how it looked in daylight before realising it was pi**ing down so the only flight I could do was indoors
IMG_20180925_141802.jpg
IMG_20180925_142132.jpg
IMG_20180925_141747.jpg
Overall i'm pretty happy with it and while the quality seems quite good I'll be interested to see how it holds up to wear & tear. (one of the rear legs rubs on the body when folded, only minimally but it rubs none the less so i've improvised by cutting a couple of adhesive numbers supplied into strips and placing extra wrap on the area that rubs). Anyhow this is the finished wrap with nothing else accomplished for the day;)IMG_20180925_142151.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very sharp. WrapGrade's always look & fit awesomely.

Did you decide not to do the RC?

Can I be a pest and ask to see what the bottom looks like now?

I can't decide what color to get.

(Shame on you - being a 40+ year old man and still playing with flying toys and stickers!) - direct quote from my wife.

Looks very sharp. WrapGrade's always look & fit awesomely.

Did you decide not to do the RC?

Can I be a pest and ask to see what the bottom looks like now?

I can't decide what color to get.

(Shame on you - being a 40+ year old man and still playing with flying toys and stickers!) - direct quote from my wife.

Didn't bother with the RC, just wanted something to make drone more visible and probably more so look a bit better, can't understand why they didn't give the mp2 a bit of colour like they did with the air.IMG_20180925_151921.jpgIMG_20180925_151914.jpg

I'm going to monitor how the wrap on the bottom affects the drone in any way especially regarding heat sink concerns. worse case scenario I can just remove this section again.

Last edited:
Once you ordered, how long did it actually take to get to your door.
I don't remember the exact date I ordered but I got shipping email on Sept 18th with estimated delivery of 7-30 days and it arrived today exactly one week later. Very happy with that and frommemory I don't think I ordered long before getting shipping info, day or two at most I suspect.

Thanks. FYI, they are available on AMAZON. Just ordered the same ones. Will be here on Thursday.
Great stuff, my first time wrapping a drone (having done laptops and mobiles before but nothing with as many parts) and definately found it a bit fiddly on the rear legs & underside was a bit tricky avoiding leaving bubbles.

Reactions: Drnoleak
Looks awesome. The bottom looks amazing. Looks like a great paint job. I am interested to hear how well the skin stays on the bottom/heat sink. Keep us updated.

QUICK UPDATE
Took the drone out this evening for a quick flight
Sport & P mode
2900mtrs covered
No signal issues and drone felt normal to the touch heat wise even on the underneath side.Will be keeping a close eye on it over the next few flights just to be sureIMG_20180926_170521.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wrapgrade
Siiiiic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone