DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Link showing the Mavic Mini 2 unboxing.

At 10.5m/sec most of the people on this forum would not dare to fly anyway, so the wind resistance might be good enough.
Also it can fly against 15m/sec easily but that would involve the Mini 2 filming the ground instead of the horizon

It has the same wind resistance as the mavic air 2. Crazy.

It's really a strange spec sheet as the features are making the much cheaper Mini comparable to the MA2, DJI haven't really done this in the past as it would cannibalise sales of the next model up in the range.
Not sure what DJI is thinking if its true.

The increased wind resistance plus an increase in flight time, while maintaining the 250g weight , must be using a different battery format.

Reactions: zeusfl
The increased wind resistance plus an increase in flight time, while maintaining the 250g weight , must be using a different battery format.
The super poor wind resistance with the mini is a puzzler to me. hopefully it's been greatly improved ... if not.. I'm thinking that Ocusync is just going to add to the problem.

Why isn't it on DJI's website?! And it looks exactly like the previous model.

Regarding wind resistance, how much of that is due to stronger motors, and how much comes from the design of the AC? I assumed that drones like the M2P and MA2 had better wind resistance not only from more powerful motors, but also from bigger props and the fact that the rotors are more spread out, giving the AC greater leverage to remain steady in windy conditions and fight winds while in flight. The new Minis apparently have more powerful motors, and probably can fight headwinds better when coming home, but does that mean that they are going to be steadier while filming in high-wind conditions?

Last edited:
Possibly DJI will also be upgrading features of MA2.
For those wondering why would DJI include some popular features of the MAir2 into the new Mini2 fearing it would erode Air2 sales, maybe DJI is already planning to include newer advanced features into the Air3 that would entice people to buy the Air3 instead of a Mini2.

The super poor wind resistance with the mini is a puzzler to me. hopefully it's been greatly improved ... if not.. I'm thinking that Ocusync is just going to add to the problem.
Will help DJIs bottom line, they're always happy to sell you another drone.

It's really a strange spec sheet as the features are making the much cheaper Mini comparable to the MA2, DJI haven't really done this in the past as it would cannibalise sales of the next model up in the range.
Not sure what DJI is thinking if its true.

The specs say it's a 2S LiPo battery instead of the 18650s, so they may be able to pull more power from it. But I should think that would cut into the 31-minute flight time.

Purchase Mavic Mini 2 get $30 cash back and 3.5% off use my code through Rakuten and purchase with their link to get 3.5% off through Drone nerds. Drone Nerds is amazing and fast free shipping. Great company. Message me through a conversation if you want the code I will send right away. I get $30 and you get $30 back as well, plus the 3.5% off through Drone Nerds plus some states through drone nerds you pay no sales tax. That could be an additional 6-8% off. I used this method for my Mavic Air 2! I may have to get the mini 2 as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato