DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LiPo bag for Mini 2 Charge Hub?

swashplate

Reactions
Does anyone make a LiPi bag that the Charge Hub will fit in with the batteries? I have found them for three batteries, but not the hub.

Why would you need a bag for the charger its not a lipo?
When charging the hub needs to be in the open as not to overheat!
If you carry the bats in the bags there is no need for a hub bag?

No probs. You can carry the lipos in the charger hub which in theory could do with a bag?
But to save weight I just take batteries when flying :)

The charging hub does make a convenient place to store the batteries though. Why use up twice the space to carry the batteries and the hub when the batteries fit nicely in the hub? After all, that's how the MM1 FMC is shipped!

So I'm sure a mfr could profit in making a bag that houses the hub with the batteries in it. I'm not aware of anyone having done that yet, not that I've looked.

As for heat and not a good idea to charge in a bag, that shouldn't be any more of a problem than putting the batteries themselves in a bag for charging. The DJI hub only charges one battery at a time after all. The only problem though is as designed, you can't charge MM batteries directly. It has to be in the hub or in the AC, both of which generate heat.

I know there are third party adapters that allow stand alone charging of single batteries.

Thanks, I know that now. All my other RC equip is Lipo, assumed this was too. My bad
He wasn't saying the batteries weren't lipo, I'm sure he had any Li rechargeable battery in mind. Metal can LiIons aren't as much of a risk, but still could also catch fire as the technology is very closely related.

What he was saying was the hub is a charger and you don't need to put a charger in a LiPo bag.

However the hub is also a convenient means of storing and carrying the batteries so having a bag that fits the hub with the batteries in it is a great idea.

The Mini2 uses LiPo cells. The Mini 1 uses metal can LiIon.
Either one can catch fire though, just less likely with metal can LiIon.

If the dividers can be removed, a hub might fit in there.

The Mini2 uses LiPo cells. The Mini 1 uses metal can LiIon.
Either one can catch fire though, just less likely with metal can LiIon.

If the dividers can be removed, a hub might fit in there.

Actually the Mini 2 is also L
Does anyone make a LiPi bag that the Charge Hub will fit in with the batteries? I have found them for three batteries, but not the hub.

So the batts are LiPo (I have one in my hand). My goal was the put the charger with the batts in a LiPo bag. I might try that case and remove the dividers. Thanks for the tip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOM112