DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litch and DJI

bonmot

Reactions
A lot of people thumb up this App. I kind of like the idea too. Especially you can plan the route and let the drone fly by itself, risky but WOW.
My question is is DJI open source at some level to allow a third party to develop a software to control their aircraft?
Trying to understand the relationship between Litch and DJI.
Thanks

A lot of people thumb up this App. I kind of like the idea too. Especially you can plan the route and let the drone fly by itself, risky but WOW.
My question is is DJI open source at some level to allow a third party to develop a software to control their aircraft?
Trying to understand the relationship between Litch and DJI.
Thanks
Just like many companies that build hardware, DJI offers an SDK program.

It’s not open source, though at one time they were talking about making it open source. I’m not sure DJI really understands what open source means but that’s a story for another day.

The SDK isn’t open on a source level. There’s pre defined objects that can be used but within DJI’s framework. Litchi isn’t officially affiliated with DJI but I’ve found tid bits in DJI’s code that implied they either worked together at one time or DJI just stole some of their code.

Litchi is great

Reactions: m80116 and RodPad
OK. I see. SDK. Great!
When I have nothing better to do may write up some more “quick shot” for iOS. :-D

The sSDK is pretty complex. You won’t be able todo it overnight. Good luck with debugging. You will need a couple of drones to get through that period.

Especially you can plan the route and let the drone fly by itself, risky but WOW.

A lot of fun when it works:

and a lot of "fun" when it does not work:
3 minutes to lose
3 hours to recover

3 minutes to lose
3 hours to recover
Nice, always pros and cons.
But I thought DJI GO 4 has no problem to do this type of videos.

Nice, always pros and cons.
But I thought DJI GO 4 has no problem to do this type of videos.
For those DJI drones that have waypoint capabilities, yes.
Both of these were captured with the DJI Spark - no native waypoint function.

For those DJI drones that have waypoint capabilities, yes.
Both of these were captured with the DJI Spark - no native waypoint function.
I see thanks. Have seen people mentioning about waypoint 2.0. What are they expecting to have? They seem to be very looking forward:)

3 minutes to lose
3 hours to recover
Yep... saw it coming. Learned that flying over elevated mountain ridges requires increased altitude as each I’d passed the hard way myself!

Reactions: pmshop
Yep... saw it coming. Learned that flying over elevated mountain ridges requires increased altitude as each I’d passed the hard way myself!

Sad thing is I ran it through Virtual Litchi Mission attached to Google Earth Pro dozens of times before the flight - cleared every time.
Problem was Google elevations thought I was higher than whet the crest was.
Took a reading while I was up there.
It thought I was flying about 3660MSL but the compass reading said I was 3505MSL.
I had my mission set for 150AGL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000