DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Action failure

Toyguy

Reactions
I was out today trying my first flight with Litchi. I set up a simple 5 waypoint flight with 2 POIs. All routing was done straight, at least as far as I could tell. There were none of the blue curve arcs visible. I started the mission, the M2P lifted off and went to WP1, where I had an action to turn on recording. It did so, then flew on normally to WP2, WP3 and WP4. WP4 had four actions - Stay for 3s, Stop Recording, Take a Photo and Start Recording. It did the first three. I did not notice this during the flight as I was switching between watching the drone and the Go4 displays. It tracked properly to WP5, interpolating the gimbal down as I asked it to, then returned home and landed fine.

Anyone have any thoughts on why it wouldn't have started recording at WP4. I took off again right after that for a short hop and when I went to start the video recording, it was still in Photo mode, so it's pretty clear it never ran the Start Recording command.

I'm planning to use Litchi tomorrow to do a fun little survey flight around a friends property and I have a ton of Stop/Starts set up already so I'd sure like to get them working.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I was out today trying my first flight with Litchi. I set up a simple 5 waypoint flight with 2 POIs. All routing was done straight, at least as far as I could tell. There were none of the blue curve arcs visible. I started the mission, the M2P lifted off and went to WP1, where I had an action to turn on recording. It did so, then flew on normally to WP2, WP3 and WP4. WP4 had four actions - Stay for 3s, Stop Recording, Take a Photo and Start Recording. It did the first three. I did not notice this during the flight as I was switching between watching the drone and the Go4 displays. It tracked properly to WP5, interpolating the gimbal down as I asked it to, then returned home and landed fine.

Anyone have any thoughts on why it wouldn't have started recording at WP4. I took off again right after that for a short hop and when I went to start the video recording, it was still in Photo mode, so it's pretty clear it never ran the Start Recording command.

I'm planning to use Litchi tomorrow to do a fun little survey flight around a friends property and I have a ton of Stop/Starts set up already so I'd sure like to get them working.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Maybe try adding a wait 1 second between take photo and start recording. May need a sec to take the photo and then switch to the new mode.

Reactions: jimlips
For any actions to work in Litchi, you must use "Straight Lines" in settings. Actions will NOT work if you have "Curved Lines"

Correct on Litchi not recording when “curves” are used. Typically, in most circumstances I will not use/rely on an “action”. I stop and recordings manually.

No curves in my flight plan, and all the other actions worked as they should have. It just simply will not restart the video recording. Sure, I can do it manually but I'd rather it do it automatically like it's supposed to.

It did the same thing to me again today but I was watching for it and did restart it manually each time. Again, no curves at all in the mission plan. I used a sequence of:
  1. Stay 1 second
  2. Stop Recording
  3. Take a photo
  4. Stay 1 second
  5. Start Recording
Every action but #5 worked fine. I added a delay at #4 because someone wondered if maybe the CPU was busy saving the image but that seemed to make no difference. Maybe it needs more delay or maybe it's just broken, who knows...

No curves in my flight plan, and all the other actions worked as they should have. It just simply will not restart the video recording. Sure, I can do it manually but I'd rather it do it automatically like it's supposed to.

It did the same thing to me again today but I was watching for it and did restart it manually each time. Again, no curves at all in the mission plan. I used a sequence of:
  1. Stay 1 second
  2. Stop Recording
  3. Take a photo
  4. Stay 1 second
  5. Start Recording
Every action but #5 worked fine. I added a delay at #4 because someone wondered if maybe the CPU was busy saving the image but that seemed to make no difference. Maybe it needs more delay or maybe it's just broken, who knows...

I think if you change the "stay for" to 3 or 5 sec it will work for you. I always use 5 and everything works fine.

Just to close the loop...

Adding a Stay for 5 seconds after taking a still photo does the trick. If you watch the display closely, you can see when it takes a photo that it spins a little clock icon for about 4-5 seconds. If you try to Start Recording while that icon is on-screen, the action fails. I'll probably settle on 5 or 6 seconds as my standard delay in the future.

Thanks for the help!

Just to close the loop...

Adding a Stay for 5 seconds after taking a still photo does the trick. If you watch the display closely, you can see when it takes a photo that it spins a little clock icon for about 4-5 seconds. If you try to Start Recording while that icon is on-screen, the action fails. I'll probably settle on 5 or 6 seconds as my standard delay in the future.

Thanks for the help!
Thank you for confirming the fix. Saved me a post as I had a similar issue yesterday.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thank you for confirming the fix. Saved me a post as I had a similar issue yesterday.
This thread clarified this small nuance to me. I’ve watched many Litchi videos on YouTube, saw the “stay 5 seconds” action being built in, but didn’t understand why till now.

Several months later, and it’s still a very useful thread!

Reactions: PistonPete

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji