DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and Air2s starting waypoi t

svesemenja

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I am using Air2s and litchi for surveys. My collegue made the flight plans on litchi and for some of them the starting point is about 600m from the home location. In the cases like this, when I try to fly I get error showing that the starting point is too far and the drone wont fly. I have tested this with P4 pro and it doesnt have this issue. Any thoughts how to resolve this? I can manually change starting point but it might take some time. I can move closer to the starting point but I have planned to fly several flights from the same homepoint in different direction.

Hi everyone,

I am using Air2s and litchi for surveys. My collegue made the flight plans on litchi and for some of them the starting point is about 600m from the home location. In the cases like this, when I try to fly I get error showing that the starting point is too far and the drone wont fly. I have tested this with P4 pro and it doesnt have this issue. Any thoughts how to resolve this? I can manually change starting point but it might take some time. I can move closer to the starting point but I have planned to fly several flights from the same homepoint in different direction.
There is a big difference between your P4 Pro and your Air 2S. P4 can fly autonomous flights (waypoints stored onboad the drone) whereas the Air 2S uses Virtual Stick Control and has to maintain a control signal between the drone and the controller.
Depending on the distance (and interference factors) between your Air 2S controller and the drone, it might not even be able to complete the planned mission. When the Air 2S loses controller signal, it will hover or backtrack and try to re-establish the signal. If it cant, it will Return To Home.
The options you mentioned (changing starting point, or flying from different location) are your best options for using your Air 2S.
Your P4 is a better drone for surveying, since it will continue the mission even if the controller signal is lost.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S