DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and RTH

Dronut

Reactions
I have been using Litchi with my Mini 2 and I have found that when the drone is requesting low battery RTH and I cancel the request, the drone still goes into RTH mode. The drone will, depending on the distance from the homepoint, shoot up a few metres and will hover (close by) or rise to RTH altitude and head for the homepoint (I haven't done multiple distance checks but it looks like anything over twenty metres from the home point).

How do I stop this?

If you are asking "how do I stop the triggering of low battery RTH" why do you wish to stop it?
Doing that has often featured in "I lost my drone" threads.
If you are close to home the battery must be fairly depleted to trigger it.
Yes there is some leeway but cancelling the low battery RTH seems to go hand in hand with remaining 'out there' for too long.

Reactions: AZDave
I don't want to stop RTH. I want to be able to cancel it and be sure it is cancelled. I don't have the same problem with DJIFly, so it must be a Litchi thing.

If I click 'Cancel' on the Litchi RTH pop-up, RTH will still initiate and can only be stopped with the controller's RTH button. So far the drone has always been within 30 metres when it asked to RTH.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I might be finding out myself soon, just installed Litchi and working my way through it in stages, blimey it's a 'bit' more complicated offers a few more options than the Fly app lol.

Reactions: Dronut
I can certainly see advantages over the Fly app but it's a bit daunting at the moment. One thing that unnerved me was the failsafe default seemed set to hover!!!!!!! Unless I had been messing with that drone in the fly app and that's even scarier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can certainly see advantages over the Fly app but it's a bit daunting at the moment. One thing that unnerved me the failsafe default seemed set to hover!!!!!!! Unless I had been messing with that drone in the fly app and that's even scarier.
Yes, you'll need to go through ALL the settings.

And you'll need to remember that each flight mode has it's own C1 and C2 settings. C1 is a single click of the Function (Fn) button and C2 is a double click. So in FPV mode you might want your gimbal reset set as C1 and your AE lock set as C2 and in Waypoint mode you might want C1 set as Insert Waypoint At Aircraft and C2 set as Insert POI At Aircraft. You'll have to remember what you set C1 and C2 as in the mode you're flying in or you'll get some surprises...

Yes I noticed the C1 & C2 things already, that's a pain at the moment, though I hadn't caught on that C1 = 1 press and C2 = 2 presses.
I normally have C1 set to gimbal up/down (Phantom, M2Z and FLY app Mini 2) and I am struggling to find that.
These 'advanced flight modes' are not something I normally use so that is all new to me.

The C1 and C2 settings are in the KEYS section. Hit the gears icon at the top right and then KEYS. Reset Gimbal is the second option of each flight mode.

Yes thanks I have been there (keys). What I meant was that I am struggling to find is the litchi name/function that is equivalent to 'my' FLY App gimbal up/down thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes