DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi app for Air 2s?

I was thinking of buying this app for my iPhone se and iPad Pro.

What do people think of this app for the air 2s? Any issues?
yes LItchi is awaiting an update from DJI .. A2S gimble keeps jerking i have been waiting for 2 months? Anyone from DJI know when the new SDK is going to fix this?

Not sure about iOS but it works great on my RC Pro controller. Waypoint flights are a work in progress due to the "virtual stick" flying however

Do waypoints just not work?
Waypoints flying works. But due to the virtual sticks flying, the filmed results are/can be herky jerky, not smooth. No need for me to go into detail. Plenty on this forum just do a search for Litchi virtual sticks.

Waypoints flying works. But due to the virtual sticks flying, the filmed results are/can be herky jerky, not smooth. No need for me to go into detail. Plenty on this forum just do a search for Litchi virtual sticks.
Is it worth the cost?

Reactions: stowman2
yes LItchi is awaiting an update from DJI .. A2S gimble keeps jerking i have been waiting for 2 months? Anyone from DJI know when the new SDK is going to fix this?

I don't believe that the jerkiness isn't a function of the SDK ... other than the fact that the SDK does not allow autonomous missions for the Air 2S and several other drone models. As best I understand it, the jerkiness is because the virtual sticks have to send multiple commands. I can pretty much guarantee that any new SDK isn't going to add autonomous missions, so you might as well quit holding your breath on that.

Litchi works perfectly on the M2P - no virtual sticks needed I believe. Litchi mission planner and interface to Google Earth seems near perfect. Glad I kept mine.

Litchi works perfectly on the M2P - no virtual sticks needed I believe. Litchi mission planner and interface to Google Earth seems near perfect. Glad I kept mine.
It is a good layout haven,t steped up to the better camera yet ,still using pro,s ,question is as dependable with 2 as it is with the 1

I have not had a single glitch using Litchi for free flight or way point missions in my Mavic 2 Pro. Very dependable. The ability to preplan a waypoint mission and test fly in google earth is wonderful.

All that I have tested. It is superb at creating a waypoint video mission that you can replicate exactly as often as you like. Realize that Litchi has direct control of the M2P and thus has smooth curves and gentle gimbal control. All subsequent DJI drones apparently use a control interface of simulating control stick movement. It may not be as useful and smooth for video waypoint mission. There are other control programs and users here. For the cost of an Android license for my Smart Controller and an iOS license for phones I am happy. The useful tool is the interface from their free mission planning tool to Google earth. Go try that for free.

Reactions: MS Coast
I was thinking of buying this app for my iPhone se and iPad Pro.

What do people think of this app for the air 2s? Any issues?
I've been flying an Air 2S with Litchi on an Android Samsung Tab S2 8-inch for about six months with no problems. In fact, it flies both photo and video waypoint missions more reliably than my Phantom 4 Pros with CrystalSky and iPad Air 2's which sometimes skip camera actions at waypoints (take photo, start/stop recording). I find the Litchi app well worth the small cost and I use it all the time. I particularly like the desktop mission hub for planning and tweaking waypoint flights made in the field.

I have not had a single glitch using Litchi for free flight or way point missions in my Mavic 2 Pro. Very dependable. The ability to preplan a waypoint mission and test fly in google earth is wonderful.
He's specifically asking in regards to the Air 2S.
With regards to the Minis and the Air 2 models they can't upload waypoints so it fakes using the sticks to fly the drone on WP missions.
I've had two issues with this when losing signal - the drone stopped dead instead of RTH and Litchi froze on me. I reported this to Litchi in their beta forum and got a lot of flack from the how-dare-you-speak-ill crowd.

Besides the waypoints VS issue does all the other features work just fine?
Waypoints work just fine on the Air 2S using virtual sticks control.

Using virtual sticks just means that instead of uploading all the mission commands to the drone at once, individual commands are sent as the mission progresses, just like what happens when a pilot is flying.

Unless there's a loss of communication with the drone, most of us would never know whether control was by batch upload or virtual sticks, would we?

Reactions: MikeWhite99
Unless you are using a DJI Enterprise model, it will stop flying if it looses controller signal, then initiate a return to home. Works very well with enterprise drones though. Keep those p4p's...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom