DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi App

Copepe

Reactions
I recently purchased the Litchi app for Android so I can have an alternative those instances when I have video issues in DJI Go 4 (these are, usually, image pixelation issues on the mobile device). The first 2 times I flew with Litchi everything was flawless. However, last Sunday, I took off and when the drone was approximately 600 feet away the display said SIGNAL LOST. The image on the screen froze and the app didn't respond to any inputs. It never reconnected no matter what I tried, so I pressed the RTH button on the remote and brought the MPP back. I checked the micro SD card when I got home and found that the video recording never stopped while Litchi was disconnected. I switched to DJI Go 4 and flew through 3 batteries without issues.

Needless to say, I have lost confidence in Litchi and would like to know if anyone's had a similar problem and if it was diagnosed and corrected.

Last edited:
Needless to say, I have lost confidence in Litchi and would like to know if anyone's had a similar problem and if it was diagnosed and corrected.

Trust me, Go 4 has the same exact issues. And Litchi is based on DJI's own SDK, so any bugs related to communication with the RC are most likely DJI's fault, not Litchi's.

Don't give up on Litchi, it really is a great program.

Reactions: ksmusa
LITCHI IOS
Just took advantage of Litchi's reduced cost for the IOS. Can anyone cite problems between Litchi and DJIGo4 on an iPad air 2? I do know I must force kill one or the other on my Android devices. I have never heard any complaints of LITCHI on the iPad (air 2). Anyone know of any incompatibility issues?

Just took advantage of Litchi's reduced cost for the IOS. Can anyone cite problems between Litchi and DJIGo4 on an iPad air 2? I do know I must force kill one or the other on my Android devices. I have never heard any complaints of LITCHI on the iPad (air 2). Anyone know of any incompatibility issues?

Interesting, I looked it up last week on the app store.
It was 21$
Now it is saying 31.99
Im in canada

I recently purchased the Litchi app for Android so I can have an alternative those instances when I have video issues in DJI Go 4 (these are, usually, image pixelation issues on the mobile device). The first 2 times I flew with Litchi everything was flawless. However, last Sunday, I took off and when the drone was approximately 600 feet away the display said SIGNAL LOST. The image on the screen froze and the app didn't respond to any inputs. It never reconnected no matter what I tried, so I pressed the RTH button on the remote and brought the MPP back. I checked the micro SD card when I got home and found that the video recording never stopped while Litchi was disconnected. I switched to DJI Go 4 and flew through 3 batteries without issues.

This type of problem is often reported with DJI Go 4 as well, and is [very] often fixed by using a different USB connection cord from the RC controller to your mobile phone/tablet. There are some very good short cables that go from the USB 2.0 socket at the bottom of the controller (beneath the fold-out arms), to whatever connector you need for your device. I use this type to connect my Android phone ... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074QJW3SD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ...
Note however, that when you use the USB 2.0 connector, you should disconnect the mini-USB cable & connector from the side of the controller, and only use that mini-USB socket for charging.IMG_20181124_095144.jpg

Reactions: MiniPalourde
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic