DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Autonomous Missions MPP

Mitch

Reactions
Has anybody yet flown any Litchi missions with their Mavic Pro Platinum? We're any with lost contact? Is Litchi trustworthy to fly autonomous missions with the MPP? I have a standard Phantom 4 and use it in this manner. I'm considering a MPP purchase if it can be flown with the same trustworthiness and success.

I've got the Mavic (plain vanilla) and I use Litchi almost exclusively. I've recently gone to iPad and today for the first time in ages I had Litchi crash on me. This was just over half way around a 10minute mission.

After getting over my initial panic I realised that the Mavic was still flying the mission and on it's way back. (as reported on the R/C). I restarted the app and it showed disconnected. However the Mavic made it's way correctly to the last waypoint and 'parked' there. I commanded come home from the R/C and home she came.

After landing I powered the Mavic down and up again to see if it would reconnect to the App but no good. I had to reboot the ipad before the App would reconnect.

So yes, once the mission is uploaded the Mavic will continue autonomously.

Is Litchi reliable, yes, (for an App) This is not safety critical software.

Would I fly WIFI without the R/C? Absolutely not.

Last edited:
Has anybody yet flown any Litchi missions with their Mavic Pro Platinum? We're any with lost contact? Is Litchi trustworthy to fly autonomous missions with the MPP?

There's no reason to believe it wouldn't be as rock solid as it is on other models. I fly tons of missions using Litchi on two MPs, most of them with lost signal, and they have all flown perfectly. As long as you are careful with your settings in the missions (double/triple check them before upload), then you should be fine. You always have the Mavic's RTH feature if something went wrong, but if you design missions conservatively, you shouldn't even need that.

Reactions: Mitch
There's no reason to believe it wouldn't be as rock solid as it is on other models. I fly tons of missions using Litchi on two MPs, most of them with lost signal, and they have all flown perfectly. As long as you are careful with your settings in the missions (double/triple check them before upload), then you should be fine. You always have the Mavic's RTH feature if something went wrong, but if you design missions conservatively, you shouldn't even need that.
How about using the current Litchi app with older FW? Any experience with that. I'm on 700 and using IOS IPad mini 4, and while the stability has been great I've wanted to try Litchi, but was concerned with compatibility with older FW

How about using the current Litchi app with older FW? Any experience with that. I'm on 700 and using IOS IPad mini 4, and while the stability has been great I've wanted to try Litchi, but was concerned with compatibility with older FW

It works perfect with older firmware. I always used it with .400 and .700 (until I recently upgraded to modded 1.4.000 - to fix my issues with updated versions of Hangar 360, Autopilot, and for access to Quickshots). Litchi hasn't really changed its app since the newer firmware versions came out. They haven't shown app changes since August. If you're worried, download the current version and don't update it. If you're using Android, you can keep the older APKs and install those in the future. If iOs, you can save your signed .ipa copy somewhere just in case.

Reactions: vtcats
It works perfect with older firmware. I always used it with .400 and .700 (until I recently upgraded to modded 1.4.000 - to fix my issues with updated versions of Hangar 360, Autopilot, and for access to Quickshots). Litchi hasn't really changed its app since the newer firmware versions came out. They haven't shown app changes since August. If you're worried, download the current version and don't update it. If you're using Android, you can keep the older APKs and install those in the future. If iOs, you can save your signed .ipa copy somewhere just in case.
Ah, thanks. Yes I do remember now seeing that you had updated (kind of) as well. Good advice to download Litchi now. I'll have to check which version I have of my Hangar 360 app, but I don't believe I've updated it in awhile...or ever.

Well bad timing I guess. Just looked up in the App Store and see they updated the app TODAY. Figures.

Reactions: badbiggz
Well bad timing I guess. Just looked up in the App Store and see they updated the app TODAY. Figures.

Since I'm on modded 1.4.000 on both of my Mavics, I can't test the new version with .700 or lower. Sorry... However, there are tons of people on here though that use Litchi and still have older FW and might be happy to test it for you.

I must say though that you might really want to move to a modded version of 1.4.000 (without the modules mentioned above) if you want to keep the freedom of .700. You get the best of both worlds: compatibility with the new app versions, Quickshot features, and the freedom to change things/fly as you want. If you're comfortable with using Dumbldore, it's all very easy. And if you're not comfortable with changing the .bin file, PM me and I can help.

I've got the Mavic (plain vanilla) and I use Litchi almost exclusively. I've recently gone to iPad and today for the first time in ages I had Litchi crash on me. This was just over half way around a 10minute mission.

After getting over my initial panic I realised that the Mavic was still flying the mission and on it's way back. (as reported on the R/C). I restarted the app and it showed disconnected. However the Mavic made it's way correctly to the last waypoint and 'parked' there. I commanded come home from the R/C and home she came.

After landing I powered the Mavic down and up again to see if it would reconnect to the App but no good. I had to reboot the ipad before the App would reconnect.

So yes, once the mission is uploaded the Mavic will continue autonomously.

Is Litchi reliable, yes, (for an App) This is not safety critical software.

Would I fly without the R/C? Absolutely not.
I had teh same thing happen the other day.
Would not reconnect for love nor money. Ended up killing it and launching DJI Go4
Did a quick flight with the new Litchi yesterday and everything seemed to work ok.
I like you can finally do an RTH with Litchi.

What is meant when said you can finally do a RTH with Litchi? Do you mean while flying a mission? I think it's been available in FPV mode as long as I can remember.

November 2017 Updates
iOS: Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark
Version 1.19.0
- added support for iPhone X
- added RTH/Land button in FPV mode
- added Smart Return to Home general setting
- added support for bluetooth controllers
- added "Find My Aircraft" in general settings
- added a custom function to "Toggle FPV/Main Camera" (Inspire 2)

Reactions: Mitch
What is meant when said you can finally do a RTH with Litchi? Do you mean while flying a mission? I think it's been available in FPV mode as long as I can remember.
And you have always had the RTH button on the R/C! So just what's the difference/point of putting RTH on the Litchi App?

And you have always had the RTH button on the R/C! So just what's the difference/point of putting RTH on the Litchi App?
Give you something to argue about apparently.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky