DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

litchi flight data csv file -vs- UAV csv flight log file... differences and why?

marklyn

Reactions
I did a light comparison between the flight log file based on the Litchi app output (csv file) and the UAV website where you can download that flight into a csv file and noticed some differences.
For one the data fields (columns) in the UAV flight log file are fewer than the columns in the Litchi flight log file. That might make sense since the Litchi app probably tries to accommodate more drone makers, etc.
But what really struck me was that the column headings in the UAV flight data seemed to be more understandable or more readable:
Additionally it appears that some fields are already converted in the UAV output csv file. Like flyStateRaw is there but an additional column of flycState is there with understandable wording as to what the numeric flyStateRaw represents. There are lots of other columns like that.
Also, some columns in the UAV output contain data that make sense from the get-go. Like the battery_temperature(f) shows temps in Fahrenheit where the output from litchi shows a 4 digit number with 1 decimal point (who knows what that is?)

All in all after looking at the UAV output, I think I'm shifting gears and will be using that data in my Dashware app to build and use gauges from. I thought I'd mention this to any new users of Dashware since the UAV output data appears to be leaner (smaller) and contains data that doesn't need to be converted or adapted for use in Dashware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato