DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi for Mavic 2 Pro ?

I ran a short very safe initial waypoint mission and then subsequently let out the leash with no difficulty. Last mission was about 1.2 miles with 1000 feet of elevation gain to mtn top and then back down again. I added about 120-150 feet over the AGL to account for the pine trees and piles of boulders on the mountain.

Buena Suerte

When flying a mission with the M 2 via Litchi, can the drone still use the sensors to avoid obstacle (all of them, some, none...) ?

Litchi Beta on MP2 - Android OS
Yesterday I received my Mavic 2 Pro and discovered Litchi would not connect.
I read many forums and joined the Litchi Beta program by clicking on the "Beta" link at the bottom of their website (while logged into the mission site)
A few hours later, I checked the Play Store and the Litchi App indicated I was in the beta program and would be receiving an update "within a few minutes" This can be seen if you scroll all the way down on the App in the store
I woke up this morning and my Litchi App has been updated to the beta version.
Test flight with FPV was successful with no issues.
Will be testing waypoint function this afternoon.

i look forward to hearing how it goes. i'll be waiting until the official release myself, but i'm curious how close they are to a stable release.

Litchi supports M2Pro BUT doesnt have the new intelligent flight modes - timelapse, miniplanet etc - I have this as a reply from Litchi, who advise, in contrast to previous advice, to switch between apps - GO4 and Litchi. Far from ideal.

Litchi supports M2Pro BUT doesnt have the new intelligent flight modes - timelapse, miniplanet etc - I have this as a reply from Litchi, who advise, in contrast to previous advice, to switch between apps - GO4 and Litchi. Far from ideal.

I assume kill the current app (and maybe reboot device) with each app switch? Litchi & GO4 don't play well together unless something has changed.

I assume kill the current app (and maybe reboot device) with each app switch? Litchi & GO4 don't play well together unless something has changed.[/QUOTE

Not a problem with my Ipad, switch back and forth without issue. Probably different with an Android.

Litchi told me to switch between apps … which goes against previous advice of removing DJI GO4 from device on which Litchi is installed. I have posed the question and awit a reply. Has anyone done this .,,,, used litchi for waypoint flying then switched to DJI GO4 for the intelligent flight modes - with both apps on same device? This wasn't an issue with mavic 1 but seems to be for mavic pro 2

Litchi told me to switch between apps … which goes against previous advice of removing DJI GO4 from device on which Litchi is installed. I have posed the question and awit a reply. Has anyone done this .,,,, used litchi for waypoint flying then switched to DJI GO4 for the intelligent flight modes - with both apps on same device? This wasn't an issue with mavic 1 but seems to be for mavic pro 2[/QUOTE

Yes, as mentioned above. Both installed; switch back and forth at will during flights with no issue, dozens of times.

The other issue, which is still unresolved, is the lack of smooth transitions between waypoints with Mavic 2. Litchi acknowledges the issue, but they are saying it's due to a firmware problem that DJI needs to fix. With the original Mavic, Litchi transitioned beautifully between waypoints, using interpolation or POI. With Mavic 2, the transitions are jerky and truly unusable if you care about video quality.

Reactions: Chip D
Is the beta version of Litchi free to use for iOS users?

I cant find it anywhere in the app store

The other issue, which is still unresolved, is the lack of smooth transitions between waypoints with Mavic 2. Litchi acknowledges the issue, but they are saying it's due to a firmware problem that DJI needs to fix. With the original Mavic, Litchi transitioned beautifully between waypoints, using interpolation or POI. With Mavic 2, the transitions are jerky and truly unusable if you care about video quality.
Gee and here I thought it was me with the transition points being jumpy. Will wait for the Litchi app as that's pretty much all I fly.
Chip D - Omaha

Reactions: Point Zero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead