DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi For new drone?

FN Bushcraft

Reactions
I recieved my new MPP and am chomping at the bit to get it up and running. However DJI Go 4 will not run on any of my 3 android devices that I have.

I think I understand that a new drone needs to be "activated". Can I do that activation with Litchi or does that HAVE to be done with DJI's own app?

In other words, can I purchase and download Litchi and am good to go with new never flown mavic?

Thanks for the help. After spending all this money to buy this drone I sure do not want to have to fork out even more to get an additional device (smart phone etc) that I would not otherwise need.

Litchi is based on the same DJI code (within DJI SDK) as the GO4 app. So, if your mobile devices are too old and too weak for running GO4 there is little chance that they will run Litchi well.
Many settings can be done within GO4 only and are not supported by Litchi, e.g. changing the remote's stick mode or updating remote and Mavic. So see Litchi as an alternative app or addon for GO4, which needs to run at least from time to time..

Thanks folks for the advice. I went ahead and obtained another Android device dedicated to run the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke