DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi FPV mode question

Reactions
New to litchi. Couldn't really get a definitive answer searching the forum. In the litchi app, I clicked on the cardboard icon. I noticed that inside the cardboard viewer, I am displayed a flat screen. I was wondering if there is a way to get stereoscopic 3d (like real vr)? So instead of a big flat screen inside the viewer, some of the images in the viewer have 3d popup effect. what i mean is something that looks like this through cardboard:

How do you expect to get 3d from a single camera?

Sorry I accidentally typed stereoscopic 3d. I meant side by side 3d. In the YouTube video I posted, that was shot by a mavic. So why is it that when i view that video in cardboard, it has the sbs 3d popup effect?

That video seems to be just 2 videos side by side and my eyes are tricked into seeing 2 overlapping images (hence 3d effect). But in litchi, I just see a screen in front of me that is completely flat...not sure if I am making myself clear...

It looks like a 2d video just transposed sideways a bit to give you an illusion of depth... it's not 3d..

Not sure how they are running two cams on the Mavic, but those side-by-side images are indeed different. They show this for a second or two at the beginning of the video...

49aa0a99538acedfd21a311e2d22d385.jpg

I'm thinking Photoshop played a roll in the making of that image :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000