DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi FPV with Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

AlaninAZ

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am just starting to learn how to use Litchi with my Mavic 2 Pro. I plan to fly it with my IPad. So, I was reading the manual and saw the FPV mode. I may have to buy it again for my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. I was wondering if anyone has experience using the S23 with goggles for cheaper FPV. Ever since a friend let me fly his Avata, I was immediately hooked and need to get another FPV fix!

If anyone has recommendations on what goggles work or work best with S23 Ultra that would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking that my old DJI Mini 2 may be a great FPV drone if this works!

Not a fan of having to buy Litchi for each platform but I guess. Need to warn you that FPV on a M2P or Mini 2 won't be anywhere near what you saw from Avata with Goggles. Even with Goggles on the Mavic/Mini....it just isn't the same as a true FPV drone experience. Even better is the DJI FPV.

Please set your expectation before you spend a lot of money.

I understand it wont be the best FPV experience, but I was thinking the goggles you put your phone in would be less than $100 and I already have everything else. The other thing I have been looking into FPV was getting one of the Cetus Pro FPV kits for $200 - $300? I want an inexpensive way to start learning FPV. Do you have any other recommendations?

Is this the best bang for my buck: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...B2hZ8equc6dgPqqY-VgzGtewc79NEC-IaAvU2EALw_wcB

I understand it wont be the best FPV experience, but I was thinking the goggles you put your phone in would be less than $100 and I already have everything else. The other thing I have been looking into FPV was getting one of the Cetus Pro FPV kits for $200 - $300? I want an inexpensive way to start learning FPV. Do you have any other recommendations?

Is this the best bang for my buck: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1610901-REG/dji_cp_fp_00000001_01_fpv_drone_combo.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=ba_f1_lar&smp=y&lsft=BI:514&gbraid=0AAAAAD7yMh2Y0LDYH0vGZNMxStGwSTQwk&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0IGnBhDUARIsAMwFDLn9mWiI5b6Ewgf8-IsNHagB2hZ8equc6dgPqqY-VgzGtewc79NEC-IaAvU2EALw_wcB

Others will chime in with their opinions as I can only tell you mine. It's a hard pass on DroneMask and Cetus for me. I had them both and Cetus didn't help so I sold it. I have DroneMask and used it once or two and it wasn't very fun; will sell it for $50 shipped to anyone who wants it.

I currently have Avata and FPV and if you can get a decent refurb FPV for around $500, you could start there. Otherwise the Avata is just fine to start off as your first FPV. With a lot of simulator work, you can easily start flying and 6 months later, no problems in Sport mode. Avata can take a few bumps and bruises and all it takes is practice.

Unfortunately for me FPV on a regular drone is like flying a drunk camera drone and I don't see the point but that's probably because I'm used to the other FPV drones. After 2 or 3 times with the Mini 3 (which is cool because the Mini is fast and there's head tracking), the fun kinda wore off.

Reactions: anotherlab
If my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra will fit in the Dronemask, I will buy it from you!

If my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra will fit in the Dronemask, I will buy it from you!
Ok let me get the listing together and I will post it in the classified and let you know; unless you just want to pm me now. No idea if the Samsung will fit but my iPhone 14 Pro Max will fit. It is a Dronemask #1.

Your IPhone is 160.7 x 77.6 x 7.85 and S23 Ultra is 163.4 x 78.1 x 8.9, so it is definitely a bit larger….

I think what @mavic3usa is trying to say is in FPV on a camera drone, you only lock the gimbal in the horizontal plane that gives it a banking effect similar to an airplane. You need a true FPV drone to do the type of maneuvers such as loops and dives that you see from a true FPV.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas