DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi includes newest Dji firmware?

I've never had it prompt me for firmware download and I've been using Litchi exclusively for about a month. I'm using old firmware so if it wanted to upgrade my firmware I'm sure it would have prompted me. What makes you think the update includes a firmware for Mavic?

The new update seems to indicate that Dji firmware is included.
I'm probably reading it wrong, but I'm not taking the chance.
Lol. Litchi is an app that is for MANY types of drones, not just the Mavic. Why would Litchi who is unrelated to DJI push out DJI's updates? You really think Litchi Devs would go to the effort to determine the specific model of your drone, then push that specific update for your specific model through their own 3rd party app? How is the time effort it would take to do that even economical? It makes no sense, but you are obviously free to do whatever you want. Good luck

Lol. Litchi is an app that is for MANY types of drones, not just the Mavic. Why would Litchi who is unrelated to DJI push out DJI's updates? You really think Litchi Devs would go to the effort to determine the specific model of your drone, then push that specific update for your specific model through their own 3rd party app? How is the time effort it would take to do that even economical? It makes no sense, but you are obviously free to do whatever you want. Good luck
Did you read the features of the new update?

Did you read the features of the new update?
Just read the changelog and see no reference to anything about Firmwares

Directly from Google Play:

WHAT'S NEW
- added "Share" button in the Facebook live settings giving you the ability to share your live stream on a friend's timeline or in a Facebook group
- fixed issue where streaming with Facebook live using the Public or Friends privacy setting would instead appear as "Only me"
- fixed issue where for some devices the Facebook Page profiles would not display correctly after a tap on the user's profile picture in the Facebook Live settings

and Litchi will activate automatically outside of China, which it seems it is not doing.

From Litchi "Whats New" page: "users in China are required to activate Litchi by logging into their DJI account at least once every three months, this can now be done within Litchi. Outside of China, Litchi will automatically activate the application without requiring the user to log in within Litchi or DJI Go"

and Litchi will activate automatically outside of China, which it seems it is not doing.

From Litchi "Whats New" page: "users in China are required to activate Litchi by logging into their DJI account at least once every three months, this can now be done within Litchi. Outside of China, Litchi will automatically activate the application without requiring the user to log in within Litchi or DJI Go"

Interesting. Doesn't have anything to do with Firmware, but interesting nonetheless. I wonder what it is activating? My first guess would be the Litchi app's license itself, but I have no idea

Below is description of Litchi latest firmware taken from their website. One of the main benefits of this one is it removes the need to first load GO4 to do the authentication DJI is now requiring on FW .800 +. So now no need to fire up GO4 - just load Litchi and fly with restrictions lifted. Note this update is IOS only.

July 2017 Updates
iOS: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire
Version 1.17.0
- with the latest DJI firmware for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0800 or higher), Phantom 4 Pro (v01.04.0602 or higher), Phantom 4 Advanced (v01.00.0128 or higher), Inspire 2 (v01.01.0010 or higher), Phantom 3 Standard (v1.9.20 or higher), Phantom 3 4K (v1.6.50 or higher), users in China are required to activate Litchi by logging into their DJI account at least once every three months, this can now be done within Litchi. Outside of China, Litchi will automatically activate the application without requiring the user to log in within Litchi or DJI Go
- added support for Phantom 4 Advanced and Matrice 200
- added "Over Exposure Warning" general camera setting
- added "Enhance Display for D-Log Filter" general camera setting
- fixed issue where the RC shutter button would not always use the selected capture mode
- misc improvements and bug fixes

Reactions: dwashy21
Just read the changelog and see no reference to anything about Firmwares

Directly from Google Play:

WHAT'S NEW
- added "Share" button in the Facebook live settings giving you the ability to share your live stream on a friend's timeline or in a Facebook group
- fixed issue where streaming with Facebook live using the Public or Friends privacy setting would instead appear as "Only me"
- fixed issue where for some devices the Facebook Page profiles would not display correctly after a tap on the user's profile picture in the Facebook Live settings
Different on iOS.

Regardless of what platform iOS or Android, neither says they are downloading firmwares. I'm done trying to convince people it doesn't even affect me lol. Literally just used up a whole battery flying with up-to date Litchi and no issues...

I've flown 7 times in the last two days. Every time I shut my mavic off, when I start it back up I have to do the following:
  1. turn on the RC
  2. open DJI GO
  3. close DJI GO
  4. shut off the RC
  5. Turn on the RC
  6. open Litchi

this is the only way I can fly higher than 98 feet. I can't simply minimize DJI and open Litchi, it won't connect.. I'm using an nvidia shield.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111