DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi...incorrect POI

sitecre8r

Reactions
Had a problem this morning.

Set the POI, as per screenshot, in green, but actually Litchi used a different building as the POI, in red.

Not sure what I’ve done wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mission

Mission Settings

I've noticed with my MPP/Litchi missions that some of the POI's and what my camera is pointing at are a bit off. It's not an issue with every POI, just random. I'm still trying to figure out how to soft fix it. My current idea is to add an extra waypoint inline to where the POI/camera drifts off. Not happy about this. Don't know if it's a Litchi issue or a MPP issue.

Interesting. Glad I'm not alone.

I think it's a Litch Desktop issue - I flew the a similar mission created on my iPad, and it worked fine.

This is what Litchi said...

"In some cases yes the satellite data is wrong or can be offset a bit from reality.
If the drone points towards the POI in the map while the mission is in progress, then it’s likely the problem is a map data offset. On our end, there is nothing we could really improve as it’s already pointing where it should. Map data is updated by Google, but it can take time."

I'm not sure about this - but as long as there's a workaround, I don't mind. Litchi is seriously good value!

SC

Interesting. Glad I'm not alone.

I think it's a Litch Desktop issue - I flew the a similar mission created on my iPad, and it worked fine.

This is what Litchi said...

"In some cases yes the satellite data is wrong or can be offset a bit from reality.
If the drone points towards the POI in the map while the mission is in progress, then it’s likely the problem is a map data offset. On our end, there is nothing we could really improve as it’s already pointing where it should. Map data is updated by Google, but it can take time."

I'm not sure about this - but as long as there's a workaround, I don't mind. Litchi is seriously good value!

SC

I was only guessing with my ideas. I may try the same mission with my P4 to see how it handles it. It'll take some time though. The weather in Ohio is pitiful.

I've not had these type issues with my P4 in the past. Not totally sold it's a gps issue. But, to be fair I've not flown the 2 missions I've experienced this issue with the P4 yet.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre