DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi install on Smart/DJI RC Controller

RAC DJI

Reactions
Hi,I have owned Litchi on IOS for a couple of years now and enjoy using it. I recently bought a DJI Smart Controller which came with a Mavic 2 Pro i purchased. As well I bought a used DJI RC Pro for my Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3. Im having issues loading Litchi on both the controllers. I bought the Litchi App for Android from the Amazon store on android. The app shows up as a paid app on my android tablet but when i go to the Amazon Store on either controller it won’t load unless i pay for it again. As far as I understand once I purchase an android version i should be able to load it on any android device I own. So what am I missing in this process as I don’t have this issue with my IOS devices.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’m not having problems loading it from the Amazon store but it wants to to pay when I already own the android version. For some reason it recognized the purchase on my tablet but not on the smart controllers. I own an IOS version and have no problem loading it on several different devices.

I bought the Litchi App for Android from the Amazon store on android. The app shows up as a paid app on my android tablet but when i go to the Amazon Store on either controller it won’t load unless i pay for it again.
Litchi has three licensing platforms:
  • IOS App store
  • Amazon app store
  • Google Play store
You should be able to download (for free) multiple copies on any of these platforms as long as you have paid once (on that platform) and you are using the same account credentials as was originally used to purchase on that platform.

From your description it sounds like you have purchased it in the Amazon app store and are trying to download a second copy on another device from the Amazon app store. This should work as long as you are logged into Amazon using the same account.

Reactions: Octavio
Thanks for straightening that out for me. Just one correction though, I bought it on the google play store and I was trying to load it through the Amazon store and that’s where the issue is. I think I’m out $35 but at least I know where I went wrong.

Thanks again

Reactions: Torque
Update;
Got it working on the Smart Controller by side loading the Google Play Store and installing Litchi from there. Now working on the DJI RC Pro.
Google Play Store will not work on RC Pro. Amazon will, but you will need to buy it again. I agree, Litchi should allow you to install it on any device, but they don't.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Litchi should allow you to install it on any device, but they don't.
In order for Litchi to do that they would have to have the Amazon app store, Google Play, and the IOS store communicate with each other so that a purchase on one allows a free download on another. Doing so it not under Litchi's control. Furthermore, getting those three stores to communicate with each other is less likely than having DJI Fly communicate with a LAANC provider.

Litchi has three licensing platforms:
  • IOS App store
  • Amazon app store
  • Google Play store
You should be able to download (for free) multiple copies on any of these platforms as long as you have paid once (on that platform) and you are using the same account credentials as was originally used to purchase on that platform.

From your description it sounds like you have purchased it in the Amazon app store and are trying to download a second copy on another device from the Amazon app store. This should work as long as you are logged into Amazon using the same account.
With Litchi, if you bought it on iOS it's only valid on iOS, if you bought it on Play it's only valid there.

They clearly state in each of the places that licenses are not transferable across market platforms.

Thanks for straightening that out for me. Just one correction though, I bought it on the google play store and I was trying to load it through the Amazon store and that’s where the issue is. I think I’m out $35 but at least I know where I went wrong.

Thanks again
Amazon isn't considered the same as Google.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd