DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi jerky

Pchantler

Reactions
I haven’t followed any Litchi/Mavic 2 posts in a while and wasn’t able to find my answer so if this is a repeat I apologize. Ran a litchi mission today, first in several months. When I look at the video it is quite jerky as though the gimble is not moving smoothly. I remember this being a topic back when the M2P was originally released but hadn’t heard if there was a solution. Any fixes or suggestions with this?

I run it often, and so far, no jerkiness. What resolution are you shooting at? Is DJI Go 4 just as jerky.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought Litchi was making jerky. Time for a Slim Jim.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
I run it often, and so far, no jerkiness. What resolution are you shooting at? Is DJI Go 4 just as jerky.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought Litchi was making jerky. Time for a Slim Jim.

Shooting at 24 FPS f2.8. I recall others having this issue back last year soon after litchi was updated for the Mavic 2 series and someone had contacted litchi and they were aware and a fix was in the works. Go 4 is perfectly fine and smooth. Gimble, IMU etc all properly calibrated and it seems to occur when flying in a straight line as the gimble is adjusting to compensate for the flight and the POI. All software is up date and I’ve adjusted gimble movement speed etc. If it was a setting issue I would assume Go4 would produce similar results.

Sorry for the confusion about the jerky LOL... if you like I’ll pass along my recipe!!

Still known issue with M2P way points in DJI GO and Litchi app. DJI will have to resolve this.

Agreed, it’s still an annoying issue with DJI. You’ll find that it’s especially noticeable when flying automated curved turns when shooting fairly close to your point of interest.

The known issues with Litchi is apparently not DJI's problem and they will not be fixing the problem their end as they do not recommend flying their drones through any third party app.

The known issues with Litchi is apparently not DJI's problem and they will not be fixing the problem their end as they do not recommend flying their drones through any third party app.
It’s not only third party apps that are jerky....DJIs Go4 has the same issue.

It’s not only third party apps that are jerky....DJIs Go4 has the same issue.

I can only report what DJI have told me regardless of litchi saying dji needs to fix or dji saying litchi needs to fix it, DJI are having nothing to do with the app.

That's 100% false. It's a firmware issue. This is not specific to Litchi -- the exact same behavior is prevalent (and well documented) with Waypoints 2.0 in the Go 4 app.

Wish I would have known this before I invested in a M2Pro and waited until this was fixed. This is very noticeable and now that's all I see when I'm making turns. If this really is a software fix then I don't understand why DJI is sitting on it. When you really think about it, it's all about the video since that's really the true end product.

Reactions: adiru
Please feel free to add on to this thread:

Reactions: Bill Ludwig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661