DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Just Added Support for Mavic Pro

Does Litchi allow you to go into ATTI mode manually? That would be a feature I would be willing to pay for..

Reactions: Peel
I just talked with Litchi and got some really good news!

About adding portrait mode view to the Litchi app

"Ok, adding this to our todo list however it is a large undertaking and it may be some time before you see it."

My old eyes thank them profusely! When this feature comes out we will be able to use our big tablets in the Mavic RC, not just the mini's! I'm so glad I'll be able to use my iPad Air 2

Reactions: Peel
Thanks for your input! How can this FPV with VR goggles be achieved with the iphone?

regards, roe
1. Plug your phone into the controller, launch the app and turn on the Mavic.
2. Once the camera is connected to the app, tap the goggles icon near the top right of the screen. This splits the screen into two mirror images that make it work in the binocular goggles.
3. Put the goggles on; you're ready to fly.

Reactions: roedaal
3. Put the goggles on; you're ready to fly.

Thanks! I will surely do that soon. Sounds exciting! For the time being, I like to improve my skills on the remote. I am still not sure about the mode2 as setting, coming from rc planes and camera remote heads...
Would you recommend a specific goggle for the iphone6s?
Kind regards, roe.

Thanks! I will surely do that soon. Sounds exciting! For the time being, I like to improve my skills on the remote. I am still not sure about the mode2 as setting, coming from rc planes and camera remote heads...
Kind regards, roe.

I would just go on Amazon and look at what's available and read some reviews. Most any one will work with the 6s. I have the one linked below and it works fine, but I put about 0 effort in to picking it other than it was cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/HooToo-Heads...=1478794228&sr=8-5&keywords=hootoo+vr+headset

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Kind regards, roe.

I have tried several (which I returned), and ended up with this one for my iPhone6Plus. Note: I have not tried it with Litchi and my P3P. If I fly FPV, I use my Avegant Glyph (which wont work with the Mavic & iPhone as it needs HDMI output).

https://www.amazon.com/Freefly-Head...TF8&qid=1478795004&sr=8-1&keywords=freefly+vr

I just talked with Litchi and got some really good news!

About adding portrait mode view to the Litchi app

"Ok, adding this to our todo list however it is a large undertaking and it may be some time before you see it."

My old eyes thank them profusely! When this feature comes out we will be able to use our big tablets in the Mavic RC, not just the mini's! I'm so glad I'll be able to use my iPad Air 2
you do not need litchi to use your ipad air 2 with the mavic. it works fine with dji's app.

you do not need litchi to use your ipad air 2 with the mavic. it works fine with dji's app.

I believe the poster was referring to the possibility that Litchi would enable a portrait mode on the app (it currently only operates in landscape mode, same as the DJI GO app) so that it would fit in the Mavic remote holder.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Are there any warranty issues with using Litchi? IE: If something goes awry that's not the user's fault and the Mavic crashes, are all of the necessary logs, etc. still generated for DJI to do service? Will they still honor warranty if you're using a third-party app and something goes awry?

I used the Litchi app today using my iPad Pro, and worked fine. It was my first time using Litchi with the Mavic. Since I'm new to the Mavic and Litchi, I couldn't figure out how to get the app to connect to the Mavic. After almost giving up, I realized that you cannot have anything plugged into the Micro USB socket on the side when using the USB port underneath. Once I disconnected the side connection, even though it wasn't plugged into anything, the app connected just fine. I will need to figure out the best settings for doing a Pano, as there was some issues stitching the images I did get together. The waypoints feature worked without incident. I plan on going out again for sunset.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots