DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi MA2 Beta on iOS delayed until next SDK release

AnDronioBanderos

Reactions
Not sure if this is already posted but mods can delete if they need to.

Emailed Litchi to see when we can expect to see the beta being available for MA2 and for anyone interested, this is the reply I received.

Litchi Support (VC Technology Ltd)
27 Dec 2020, 14:55 GMT
Hi,

DJI recently released a new SDK version with support for the Mavic Air 2 however it is still a work in progress as DJI themselves calls this new SDK version a "Trial" and says that more testing needs to be done on their end.

On Android it appears pretty stable and we have a beta up and running compatible with Mavic Air 2. If you already have a valid Litchi license, you can join and install the beta at Beta - Litchi

On iOS, the DJI SDK crashes when it is installed over a previous SDK version, as such it is not ready for beta testing yet. When DJI releases a new SDK version which fixes this crash, we will release a beta for iOS too. If you wish to join the beta for the future release and have already purchased Litchi on iOS, please send us a proof of purchase (receipt email from Apple) along with your email and we will add you to the beta. Be sure to send us a non-hotmail email as hotmail seems to have issues receiving invitation emails from Apple's Testflight beta software.

Please note that the Mavic Air 2 does not support native waypoint mode through this recent DJI SDK update. This means waypoint mode is not supported yet for this drone model. We are hoping to add waypoint mode support though a different method called virtual joysticks in the near future. All other flight modes are supported.

Kind Regards,
Litchi

I was wondering about the waypoint mission issue. After I updated Litchi on my Smart Controller and trying to load a waypoint mission I was given the following error:
Screenshot_20201227-132743.png

Screenshot_20201227-132711.png

So even though it works on Android it looks like they have a good way to go to make it fully compatible... Bummer.

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
I have to wonder if DJI is has shifted their programming plan to incorporate much of the Mini 2 with the MA2 SDK with variations of the same SDK rather than having totally different code for each???? After all, they share the same controller. Why else would such a delay be needed at this stage? The MA2 has been out for quite a while now. Litchi has already got the Mini 1 in their system. I haven't checked but is Litchi for Mini 1 out of beta yet?

DJI’s software roadmap has always been incomprehensible. It appears to be a random mashup of some new features, support for new drone types, bug fixes, and overlaid with marketing goals.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3