DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Mavic "actions" not consistent using Waypoints

TimBen

Reactions
First off, I've selected "straight lines" in Path in Mission settings on website, saved, and then downloaded to Litchi app for iPhone. I also checked my setting a waypoints on the iPhone download.
Second, I start up on my DJI Go app, get a confirmation of "home" being established, close down the DJI, and open up the Litchi app, and download the saved mission.

Second, my waypoint actions are as follows:

1) Stay for 3 sec; take photo; stay for 3 sec; start recording (Results: photo taken, but recording not started

2) Stop recording; stay for 3 sec; take photo; stay for 3 sec; start recording (Results: photo & recording)

3) Stay for 3 sec; stop recording; stay for 3 sec; take photo; start recording (Results: recording, no photo)

Would very much appreciate any guidance on what I must be doing wrong here. I have added the "stays" in an attempt to add a buffer to the process because I was getting same results without them.

Thank you,

Tim B.

Reactions: terrydaboss
Do you have your route saved in public in the Litchi mission hub? If so, I'd like to look at it.

Do you have your route saved in public in the Litchi mission hub? If so, I'd like to look at it.
Marklyn...I think I do. It's called "Home Triangle." However, it's now been modified by me to actually "work." I ran it twice and both times it recorded both stills and video correctly. Yet, as you'll see, I had to insert between "record" and "photos" a number of "stay for" pauses.

Thanks for taking the time to help this "beginner" out.

Tim B.

Reactions: terrydaboss
What area/city is the route close to? I can find it easier on the map that way.

Can't seem to find it. Litchi's mission hub leaves much to be desired about finding another person's mission. I'll keep looking.

In five minutes, I can type exactly what's on the updated 3-4 waypoint "actions" which are now working.

Second question/concern: Because I live about 1260' above sea level, and I'm sending my Mavic (a distance of 400ft) to check on a second-waypoint located at 1117 ft above sea level, if I have my altitude for the second-waypoint set at 100 ft., will it hover at 100 ft above the 1117 (1217)? Or will it hover at 1260+100 feet?

(From Litchi-Help site info) Altitude: The altitude of the waypoint relative to the elevation of the aircraft where it took off. The waypoint's altitude is also shown above the waypoint marker on the map.

Thank you again for your insights.

TimBen, take a look at the video below, it explains Litchi's automatic altitude adjustment. Pretty neat!

Perfect. So when I'm sending my Mavic into a steeper ravine relative to its higher starting point, the ground in the ravine is the new base so to speak. Thank you.

Marklyn...I think I do. It's called "Home Triangle." However, it's now been modified by me to actually "work." I ran it twice and both times it recorded both stills and video correctly. Yet, as you'll see, I had to insert between "record" and "photos" a number of "stay for" pauses.

Thanks for taking the time to help this "beginner" out.

Tim B.

Hello there! How did you get both times to work correctly while both recording and taking videos? Could you please post the actions you set for each waypoint to successfully take start/stop videos and take photos successfully?

What confuses me was your first waypoint where you “stay for 3 sec” then “take photo” then “start recording” yet photo was taken but the video did not start recording. I would like to ensure that i can take photos and record videos without fail like what you did successfully. Thank you!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom