DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Mission Hub and map cache

RParker762

Reactions
Does anyone know when I create missions in Litchi and transfer it to the tablet I fly with, will the maps be available offline? The tablet has no service without WiFi.

Reactions: RodPad
Does anyone know when I create missions in Litchi and transfer it to the tablet I fly with, will the maps be available offline? The tablet has no service without WiFi.
My first thought,
If your making your mission on the Hub, If you download to your tablet from the hub then the maps would be there. If you are copying your mission from a computer to the tablet (just the mission) then I say no.

Good question, but it would be easy to test.

Test I might do for myself very soon.

Rod

Do you cache maps to your tablet?

My setup is
MA or Spark
iPad Mini 5 (WiFi-Ed to my Note 8)
Note8 cellular (for maps)

If I know I will be in an area that most likely does not have cellular (such as south side of Pikes Peak), then the maps are cached.

Reactions: RodPad
My first thought,
If your making your mission on the Hub, If you download to your tablet from the hub then the maps would be there. If you are copying your mission from a computer to the tablet (just the mission) then I say no.

Good question, but it would be easy to test.

Test I might do for myself very soon.

Rod

Have you tested this out yet Rod?

I am having the same problem. I make my mission on Mission Hub and save it. Then I down load the mission to my tablet from the Hub. When I get out in the boonies and go to fly it, there is no map except the way points and POIs. The Mission flies fine. If I am at my house and fly a mission I always have a map. Even if I turn off the WiFi which I usually do. So it would seem the map does not automatically cache to the tablet from Mission Hub. Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere. Once it caches to an area I always have that map on new missions in the same area.

The maps do not automatically cache when you create and download a mission, but you can make it happen. After you create your mission and still have your local wifi connection open the mission on the tablet/phone (at home). Now zoom in and out and move around the flight area and a little beyond (zooming gives several levels of details). This causes litchi to pull down the maps on the internet connection. Now when you get on site you should have the maps already cached in the tablet/phone. If you wait until you get on site to open the mission the first time you'll need a live internet connection to pull the data down.

Reactions: Terry63
The maps do not automatically cache when you create and download a mission, but you can make it happen. After you create your mission and still have your local wifi connection open the mission on the tablet/phone (at home). Now zoom in and out and move around the flight area and a little beyond (zooming gives several levels of details). This causes litchi to pull down the maps on the internet connection. Now when you get on site you should have the maps already cached in the tablet/phone. If you wait until you get on site to open the mission the first time you'll need a live internet connection to pull the data down.

Thanks Don.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d