DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Mission Hub KML file from manual flight - too many waypoints. Ways to reduce?

Stickinthemud57

Reactions
Using AirData, I have saved a short flight as a KML file and opened it in Litchi Mission Hub. My goal would be to take a path already flown and tweak it for an automated mission. Problem is, there are WAAAAY too many waypoints (205 for a less than 2-minute flight). Advancing through each one to adjust parameters would be too time-consuming, as would be advancing through the waypoints and deleting them one by one. Is there some way to open these files in the Mission Hub with fewer waypoints, or other ways of managing these all-too-numerous waypoints, such as some sort of batch deletion or limiting the frequency with which waypoints are collected?

Thanks for any insights offered.

DJI Air 2S

Using AirData, I have saved a short flight as a KML file and opened it in Litchi Mission Hub. My goal would be to take a path already flown and tweak it for an automated mission. Problem is, there are WAAAAY too many waypoints (205 for a less than 2-minute flight). Advancing through each one to adjust parameters would be too time-consuming, as would be advancing through the waypoints and deleting them one by one. Is there some way to open these files in the Mission Hub with fewer waypoints, or other ways of managing these all-too-numerous waypoints, such as some sort of batch deletion or limiting the frequency with which waypoints are collected?

Thanks for any insights offered.

DJI Air 2S
You could use my AirData to Litchi converter:

Well, talk about fast with a nifty solution! Thanks!

Something I found when bringing AirData KML's into the Litchi Mission Hub is that the altitude is the actual above sea level altitude, as opposed to the above start point altitude approach that the Mission Hub produces. When I tried to fly the AirData KLM in Litchi, I was told (quite correctly) that the 611' altitude was beyond the altitude limit.

I found that your utility kept my altitudes in line with the altitudes from the original flight. Also, purely by accident, I found that specifying more waypoints that in the original mission produced a smoother path overall.

Kudos, and thanks again!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent