DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Mission reliability

orlie

Reactions
Hello to all experienced mavic pilots! I live in Bulgaria ( CE radio) and have DJIAIR2S . Yesterday I had a big disappointment from the performed mission planned in Mission Hub and tested well in Google Earth Virtual Mission . I guess the problems are caused by the bad radio coverage at the far end of the mission, but however, I would like to hear your suggestions and advises how to avoid risks. I have also settings disabling sideways moves and sensors for obstacle avoidance on, default RTH settings. Because I could realise that the drone is not anymore following the right waypoints mission, somewhere after WP21, I have ran to home and aborted manually the mission.
Mission Hub - Litchi - Here is the mission
- Here is the real route. The video is even worse! After WP 17 , the gimbal was rotating at all sides!
Appreciate your suggestions and comments.

Don’t take the obstacle aviodence off, this can save your drone, it’s better to lose a bit of video than a drone

Reactions: orlie
You can click 'Sensors' and see that the Uplink signal drops to 28% at that point in the mission.
Definitely a control link issue. Lots of buildings, electrical wiring, etc between your Home position and where the drone struggled with radio contact.

You can click 'Sensors' and see that the Uplink signal drops to 28% at that point in the mission.
Definitely a control link issue. Lots of buildings, electrical wiring, etc between your Home position and where the drone struggled with radio contact.
Yes, but what is the reason, if at a moment Litchi is transferring the needed data, the drone still don't know where to go? The altitude was very low - 32 m only. If I lift it 60m, probably will have better results? I don't see any logics in the elbows like in the picture - when the signal is green!

Attachments

• drunk_drone.jpg
    drunk_drone.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Drones like the Air 2S will pause, or backtrack to try and re-connect to the controller. When it reconnects, it will get commands telling it where to go. Then it loses signal again, and tries to reconnect... again.
Higher altitude might help. Its somewhat of a 'line of sight' signal. Even if the pilot turns to the side, instead of facing the direction of the drone will have an adverse affect on signal quality.
Another option would be to break up the mission into 2 missions. Fly the lower half, which seemed to work well. Then fly another mission to cover the upper half.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13