DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Mission Success

NAUIDIVER

Reactions
N00b. Having a lot of fun with my Mavic Pro. Bit the bullet with Litchi and laid out a flight plan at a local spot that attracts quite a few flyers.

Ran several test missions before going for it on this one.

Mission Hub - Litchi

My drone will lose connection for about 155 seconds of the flight because I take her into a channel carved into the hill side and surrounded by 60-90 foot mature forest trees. It’s a nail biter as she drops connection and I wait patiently as it continues to fly the route. When she comes back around the corner and my flight plan brings her back up to altitude—reconnection happiness. Breathing again.

The total flight time is just under 8 minutes. Camera raw footage of the flight is here

Working on my finished product and hoping it will be complete tomorrow.

Dang this is fun!

Looks like a well planned out route, can't wait to see the final product. The tree at the end flying backwards looked a little too close for me but I am conservative when it comes to autonomous flights.

Reactions: NAUIDIVER
Wait until you start doing 24 minute flights, with more than 15 minutes with loss of connection... that's when you'll realize how wonderful the MP actually is (in combo with Litchi waypoint missions). :D

Wow, just wow. That's pushing a mission to the MP limits for battery. Can't imagine the flight profile for that. very cool!

Reactions: MrsTreat
N00b. Having a lot of fun with my Mavic Pro. Bit the bullet with Litchi and laid out a flight plan at a local spot that attracts quite a few flyers.

Ran several test missions before going for it on this one.

Mission Hub - Litchi

My drone will lose connection for about 155 seconds of the flight because I take her into a channel carved into the hill side and surrounded by 60-90 foot mature forest trees. It’s a nail biter as she drops connection and I wait patiently as it continues to fly the route. When she comes back around the corner and my flight plan brings her back up to altitude—reconnection happiness. Breathing again.

The total flight time is just under 8 minutes. Camera raw footage of the flight is here

Working on my finished product and hoping it will be complete tomorrow.

Dang this is fun!

Okay... Edits are complete.

Very nice, looks like that last tree at very end of video, was close to spoiling your mission!
I know I fly over trees allowing at least 8-10 meters, always looks closer when I play it back though
Nice job.

Very nice, looks like that last tree at very end of video, was close to spoiling your mission!
I know I fly over trees allowing at least 8-10 meters, always looks closer when I play it back though
Nice job.

That was carefully planned. I was standing at the launch site and flew the path into and out of the site noting altitudes. The reverse shot coming in was a kick in the pants to grab for the edit.

Post video work is awesome... great job. Thanks for the video, I now have new maneuvers I want to try out [emoji106]

Reactions: NAUIDIVER
Post video work is awesome... great job. Thanks for the video, I now have new maneuvers I want to try out [emoji106]

Thx. I had to sacrifice some cool full 360 spins to keep the time below 2 minutes. I have a 3 minute version that retained one. But I find most of the aerial vids tend to be too long.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111