DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Mountain Climbing (kinda)

Rustyshackleford1

Reactions
Hey all,

I am planning a waypoint mission for my Mavic Air and it involves staying at 375 feet off the ground up and down a 2650 ft mountain in Maine. Would this be possible? Has anyone every performed a waypoint mission with an elevation like this? From google earth, it seems like it should work, but before going ahead with such an idea, I'd like to know if this has been done before.Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 6.13.40 PM.png

Should work what is the total distance and elevation change from TO to top of mountain?

Either set your max altitude on the drone at max... I think it’s about 12-1500 meters.... or land and take off at a distance to reset the “0” altitude in the bird.

Hey all,

I am planning a waypoint mission for my Mavic Air and it involves staying at 375 feet off the ground up and down a 2650 ft mountain in Maine. Would this be possible? Has anyone every performed a waypoint mission with an elevation like this? From google earth, it seems like it should work, but before going ahead with such an idea, I'd like to know if this has been done before.View attachment 84026
As long as your waypoints have “Above Ground” checked you should be ok. I often do Litchi missions where the waypoints are below the starting point, but you could try a short flight going both above and below before committing to a longer flight.

There is another “gotcha” in the above scenario. You have to readjust the maximum height for the drone using the DJI Go4 app. I discovered this after a carefully planned Litchi mission would not start, citing height restrictions. It was due to get 250m above the starting point, although only 40m off the ground at that point. Litchi itself will not change this setting, which (I think) is stored on the drone. DJI Go 4 is required.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki