DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi now supports Mavic Air 2!

Another test flight with waypoints in Litchi, and a comparison of the KML exported from Litchi's Mission Hub to that from the actual flight. I'd say it did pretty well. Pardon the Google Earth zoom/perspective - I did not, in fact, fly over those houses. Kept it all in the park.

1638219048587.png

That is really, really impressive. So needless to say I am impressed.

Great post.

I have Litchi and I've successfully flown Phantom 3's with it.
If it performs as well with the MA2 I will be happy.

Decided to give Litchi a try now that it supports MA2, and I'm cautiously optimistic! Here's a comparison of the mission I programmed (left) versus the flight track (right). For such a clearly scientific and highly precise laboratory test, I'd say it did quite well. That said, I did see the pauses at each waypoint that have been mentioned. Is there truly no way with the current setup to avoid that and have a smooth transition from one to the next?

View attachment 138998
Any chance you could share the video from this flight? I'd like to see what the turns look like. If you can't get smooth cinematic video out of Mission then for me that falls short of what I'm looking for from a Mission Planner.

You can get smooth turns at waypoints with virtual sticks. As far as missions completing following loss of signal, this is illegal in many countries without a special waiver so the virtual sticks requirement to maintain a signal is not a drawback in those places.

Do you have Litchi running with Virtual sticks? If it is possible as you say I'd love to see an UNEDITED video showing a mission demonstrating smooth turns.

Care to share any of the "many countries" and their specific legislation where missions following loss of signal are illegal? I'm not talking about BVLOS scenarios as BVLOS is not the only scenario where this feature would be useful.

Cheers

Any chance you could share the video from this flight? I'd like to see what the turns look like. If you can't get smooth cinematic video out of Mission then for me that falls short of what I'm looking for from a Mission Planner.
I just did my first ever waypoint mission yesterday with Litchi. It sure is scary letting it do it's thing.
Here it is JetM. All of my POI's (5) were on the outside of the mission.

Reactions: Pallidin and JetM
I just did my first ever waypoint mission yesterday with Litchi. It sure is scary letting it do it's thing.

I have to say that looks a bit jerky. What settings did you use for the drone gimbal, what did you set the radius of curvature for Litchi, and how many waypoints did you use for a turn?

And what is going on at the bottom of the video at about 2:30? Looks like two people bowing to each other and then beating each other with something.

I have to say that looks a bit jerky. What settings did you use for the drone gimbal, what did you set the radius of curvature for Litchi, and how many waypoints did you use for a turn?

And what is going on at the bottom of the video at about 2:30? Looks like two people bowing to each other and then beating each other with something.
No clue what the two kids were doing at the bottom.
I let litchi calculate the radius. Here is a pic of it in the hub. 7 waypoints (all the corners) and 5 POI's.
Screenshot 2021-12-04 at 10-54-35 Mission Hub - Litchi.png

Hey Tufargon, Thanks for sharing! Yes it can be scary. I've had to use missions with my Parrot Anafi to extend it's range...so despite the fact the aircraft is in VLOS it's out of signal range so there is no way to communicate with the drone...now that is scary.
From your video it looked like there were continuous micro aircraft/camera adjustments being made throughout the flight video giving it a slightly jerky look. Do you see that in your footage? I'm wondering if that is a result of constant "virtual stick" commands being uploaded to the aircraft? Thoughts?
===============================
NEVER MIND...I see you posted it below.
================================
I would be cool to see the actual waypoint mission flight path (e.g. mission path from the app showing all waypoints).

Cheers.

Reactions: Tufargon
I let litchi calculate the radius. Here is a pic of it in the hub. 7 waypoints (all the corners) and 5 POI's.
View attachment 139585
Did you 'force stop' the DJI fly before you loaded the Litchi mission?
There is a slider for turn radius in the waypoint settings dialogue box. Could you try to select the turn radii for another mission? I would do it myself but I'm waiting for a Tripltek tablet. When I flew My P3 with Litchi it made very smooth turns.
Oh, those kids appear to be practicing kendo.

Hey Tufargon, Thanks for sharing! Yes it can be scary. I've had to use missions with my Parrot Anafi to extend it's range...so despite the fact the aircraft is in VLOS it's out of signal range so there is no way to communicate with the drone...now that is scary.
From your video it looked like there were continuous micro aircraft/camera adjustments being made throughout the flight video giving it a slightly jerky look. Do you see that in your footage? I'm wondering if that is a result of constant "virtual stick" commands being uploaded to the aircraft? Thoughts?
===============================
NEVER MIND...I see you posted it below.
================================
I would be cool to see the actual waypoint mission flight path (e.g. mission path from the app showing all waypoints).

Cheers.
The post above yours has a picture.

Did you 'force stop' the DJI fly before you loaded the Litchi mission?
There is a slider for turn radius in the waypoint settings dialogue box. Could you try to select the turn radii for another mission? I would do it myself but I'm waiting for a Tripltek tablet. When I flew My P3 with Litchi it made very smooth turns.
Oh, those kids appear to be practicing kendo.
No, my tablet asks which app I want to open when I connect the drone so I only chose Litchi. It might take a while for me to get back out. I don't get out much since I take care of an 81 yr old 24/7. You'll probably get the tablet before I get out again. Your P3 loaded the missions directly to the drone and not the tablet/phone so it was smoother because it was not virtual sticks.

Reactions: Mike Drop
View attachment 139585
After reviewing the video and seeing the mission plan, I think this video perfectly illustrates the problem with the "crappy" Virtual Sticks API. This jitteriness would not be occurring with the older DJI Waypoints API. It's hard to say if Litchi will be able to overcome this problem with a SMOP. I suspect it will require a VLMOP.

After reviewing the video and seeing the mission plan, I think this video perfectly illustrates the problem with the "crappy" Virtual Sticks API. This jitteriness would not be occurring with the older DJI Waypoints API. It's hard to say if Litchi will be able to overcome this problem with a SMOP. I suspect it will require a VLMOP.
For me it's still better than not having waypoints at all. I can always cut parts out in editing which I didn't do with this video just for visual purposes of this thread.

No, my tablet asks which app I want to open when I connect the drone so I only chose Litchi. It might take a while for me to get back out. I don't get out much since I take care of an 81 yr old 24/7. You'll probably get the tablet before I get out again. Your P3 loaded the missions directly to the drone and not the tablet/phone so it was smoother because it was not virtual sticks.
Gotcha. The P3 was truly autonomous.
I have to commend you for being a care provider 24/7. That has to be demanding.

For me it's still better than not having waypoints at all. I can always cut parts out in editing which I didn't do with this video just for visual purposes of this thread.
Definitely! I agree. Just wish that DJI would bring back a "proper" API.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov