DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi or DJI Go4

NorbertG59

Reactions
As a novice with DJI Drones and reading, watching clips and more about the dji drones, I would like to know what Litchi app offers that DJI Go4 doesn't? is Litchi user friendly like DGI04? and as a paying app what does litchi has more to offer?

Thanks

For me the big selling point for Litchi is being able to use the Litchi Mission Hub online and creating your missions on your pc then being able to test them out on Virtual Litchi Mission before you go out and fly it.

Last edited:
One is not exclusive of the other, Norb. They do similar things and different things as well. Litchi is feature rich with things that are not available in Go4.

1) With Litchi, you can, from your computer, program an automated mission and do a virtual flight of it from home, making tweaks before you get out into the field. Once satisfied you can go out to the location and load up the mission and fly it actually. Additionally, the Litchi mission hub has thousands of other missions that people have flown that you can download and fly yourself.

2) Litchi will allow you to fly FPV (first person viewing) with an inexpensive pair of VR Goggles. It's not like flying a dedicated FPV drone, but a pretty amazing experience nonetheless. It also has a side-car program, LitchiVue which supposedly allows another person to view the flight in a second monitor. That feature isn't so great. FYI the DroneVR app has this same ability, has some other features and 2nd monitor capabilites as well. I think $10 for a single drone license. I have both apps.

IMO those are the main two stand-out features that I use Litchi for. There are easy to follow tutorials to get you started.

Is it my understanding that some users use the two apps for different things ie: Litchi for Mission Hub and FPV and DJI Go4 for other things? will both apps save photo and video in same format?

thanks

👍 nice to know!

Reactions: Tufargon
Is it my understanding that some users use the two apps for different things ie: Litchi for Mission Hub and FPV and DJI Go4 for other things? will both apps save photo and video in same format?

thanks
I think I answered that. Go4 is the standard DJI app. No need to think about Litchi unless you want to program/fly advanced automated missions where you just bring up the file in Litchi and press the start button and leave it do it's thing... or fly FPV. But why not let the app fly for you when you need to be ultra smooth for filming? Otherwise, just use Go4. Litchi is only $25... less than a lot of accessories.

What I suggest is going through the some of the Litchi tutorials to see if it's for you. I already told you what it (mostly) can do. Good luck.

Here's a place to start:
Litchi Help

Reactions: NorbertG59
One is not exclusive of the other, Norb. They do similar things and different things as well. Litchi is feature rich with things that are not available in Go4.

1) With Litchi, you can, from your computer, program an automated mission and do a virtual flight of it from home, making tweaks before you get out into the field. Once satisfied you can go out to the location and load up the mission and fly it actually. Additionally, the Litchi mission hub has thousands of other missions that people have flown that you can download and fly yourself.

2) Litchi will allow you to fly FPV (first person viewing) with an inexpensive pair of VR Goggles. It's not like flying a dedicated FPV drone, but a pretty amazing experience nonetheless. It also has a side-car program, LitchiVue which supposedly allows another person to view the flight in a second monitor. That feature isn't so great. FYI the DroneVR app has this same ability, has some other features and 2nd monitor capabilites as well. I think $10 for a single drone license. I have both apps.

IMO those are the main two stand-out features that I use Litchi for. There are easy to follow tutorials to get you started.
It is important to note the mission planning hub is typically using waypoints. That feature is only available in some DJI drones. Most of them are no longer manufactured by DJI. I believe Autel’s drones still can function with Litchi waypoints.

In addition to preplanned missions and virtual mission flights it has course lock. This lets you set a course to fly along as you manually pan or adjust the gimbal to a POI. This doesn’t exist in Go4 or Fly.

Reactions: NorbertG59
It is important to note the mission planning hub is typically using waypoints. That feature is only available in some DJI drones. Most of them are no longer manufactured by DJI. I believe Autel’s drones still can function with Litchi waypoints.
Yes, but as DJI releases the SDK's both Litchi and DroneVR and other apps update their programs to include newer drones. Litchi now supports the Air2s and the Mini 2 now which are semi-current drones. We await the SDK for Mavic 3 and Mini 3 pro. Will they ever release one, and if so, when? Only DJI knows.

@JoelP I didn't know about "course lock". How do you implement that? TIA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada