DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi orbit mode, failsafe question

Tom2023

Reactions
Hi, on the Litchi site it say....

Failsafe
If signal is lost between the aircraft and the mobile device, the aircraft will continue the Orbit session until it reaches the critical battery level. It will then land in place automatically, even if your failsafe is Return to Home.

When it says land in place automatically what does it mean?

At "Critical" battery, the AC will auto land right where it is with both DJIGo or Litchi. Those functions are the same.

That's what I thought it meant. Pretty rubbish in my opinion why not just RTH it.

I understand your point. But in my opinion, it really comes down to proper mission management especially when using the Litchi app. Most of the critical battery errors that I have seen have been due to planning a mission that is far too long for available battery power thus resulting in a critical battery alert before the mission completes. This is the reason that I plan my missions very carefully, rarely going over 15 to 17 minutes for my fully charged Mavic. I am even more conservative if there is a greater than 10 mph wind on the return leg.

Reactions: CynicalZombie
My concern is not battery malfunction. I am more concerned about the drone losing contact with the app.

Unlikely I know over a 500m flight but if your mission is over a built up area the consequences would be catastrophic.

OK, I see. I have programmed missions of 750 m without major concern however most of these missions though were conducted in relatively low wind conditions. I never really fly long missions in urban environments. I’m sure you know that this would also be a concern if you were flying by hand with the DJI app. Happy Flights!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007