DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LITCHI ROUTES

JORGE SM

Reactions
You count afternoons / days. I have installed on my mobile and tablet for the M2ZOOM, both DJIGO4 and LITCHI. With LITHI, I have not used the MAVIC yet. You know, if while it is under warranty it is better than not ..... the fact is that I have many routes recorded for when I dare to use LITCHI. A question that has arisen in relation to the missions created. When a mission is created, at least if I create it from a computer, it is saved in the LITCHI cloud and then it can be downloaded from the application on the mobile or tablet to execute it. The doubt, where LITCHI keeps the routes. If they are in the cloud and when you want to download a route and I don't have internet in the middle of the mountain ??? Maybe once you open the application with internet coverage, all the routes are already passed to the mobile / tablet?
And the second question that may have already been addressed, but I still have doubts with the altitudes of the WAYPOINTs. If we create a WP and check the box "above the ground", 2 height information appears. One yellow and the other white. The yellow one is the height in relation to the take-off point and the white one is the height of the point where it is located in relation to the take-off point. I would ask for a very clear example.
Let's say that I create the first WP and indicate that it is 10 meters high. I mark the box "on the ground" and obviously its value will be 10. I move away from the first WP and create the second WP, and I inform it that I want it to continue at 10 meters high, and the number 12 appears. This means that the second WP, the height at which the drone will be, will it be 2 meters above the height of the first WP ?? and if it were 8, it would be the opposite, the drone would be 2 meters below the first WP ??? Is that so ??? And I have already finished this question that surely for many it will seem basic, not knowing how to interpret it. These 2 heights that information give us.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Greetings from Galicia

If they are in the cloud and when you want to download a route and I don't have internet in the middle of the mountain ??? Maybe once you open the application with internet coverage, all the routes are already passed to the mobile / tablet?
Open the Litchi app on your tablet at home where the app has wifi and import the waypoint route to the tablet.
Then you can fly it on site with no need for internet connection.

This means that the second WP, the height at which the drone will be, will it be 2 meters above the height of the first WP ?? and if it were 8, it would be the opposite, the drone would be 2 meters below the first WP ??? Is that so ???
Do some testing somewhere near home to learn how this works.
You only need a short, simple route in an area where there are no obstacles to worry about.
Don't put waypoints too close to the ground level as the elevation model is only approximate.

Open the Litchi app on your tablet at home where the app has wifi and import the waypoint route to the tablet.
Then you can fly it on site with no need for internet connection.

Do some testing somewhere near home to learn how this works.
You only need a short, simple route in an area where there are no obstacles to worry about.
Don't put waypoints too close to the ground level as the elevation model is only approximate.

Thank you very much for your reply. The routes I have tried to download on the tablet / mobile and they are all on both devices. But maybe I explained myself wrong. What I'm trying to ask is if when I start the application on my mobile, I have to download all of them to have them offline, or simply if I import one, they are all downloaded. I comment since I have tried to start the application and I have opened a couple of routes and will have downloaded both, but being in airplane mode, they all appear ...

And in relation to the heights (yellow and white) the question is, what practical use do you see in marking the box "on the ground".

Regards

And in relation to the heights (yellow and white) the question is, what practical use do you see in marking the box "on the ground".
The main use would be to fly a mission in terrain with a a lot of variation.
If you wanted to keep your drone at a about the same height above ground, it would save a lot of calculating of waypoint heights.

Reactions: JORGE SM
The Litchi app on your phone/pad/tablet downloads ALL the missions that you have created when your phone/pad/tablet has internet connection. Not sure if you actually have to run the app, or not. I usually do it at home just to check and make sure they are all there.

You are missing out not using the Litchi app on your Mavic. That aircraft seems to work the best and smoothest using a Mavic. I've used Litchi on my Phantom 3, Spark and Mavic Pro Platinum. The MPP definitely has to smoothest tilts and pans. I've heard it works well with the Mavic Pro 2 and Phantom 4 as well.

I really have the LITCHI application for months, but I have only learned to use it, from PC and tablet, creating routes is what interests me the most. And use virtual licthi mission to virtually see those routes. Faced with the possibility of an accident and that the warranty does not cover me, that is why I have not used it, but today, I will go out to ride in the afternoon and I will try a small route created and depending on the result I will dare with more routes. But I still have doubts about the function "on the ground" the altitudes of yellow and white. I am not very clear about it. The idea is that if a route created is done in a flat place, it doesn't matter, but if there are different altitudes, what I understand is that the application will take it into account and will calculate so that the drone does not crash. That is, let's say that from where I take off, I give it a height of 20 meters, both the white and yellow information will be 20 meters. If the second wp is 50 meters away and a mountain appears let's say 10 meters higher than the takeoff point, I understand that the application will make the drone rise those 10 meters and so on. In short, the application will recalculate the heights based on the heights of the terrain so as not to crash. Would the option to use On the ground be like this?

I really have the LITCHI application for months, but I have only learned to use it, from PC and tablet, creating routes is what interests me the most. And use virtual licthi mission to virtually see those routes. Faced with the possibility of an accident and that the warranty does not cover me, that is why I have not used it, but today, I will go out to ride in the afternoon and I will try a small route created and depending on the result I will dare with more routes. But I still have doubts about the function "on the ground" the altitudes of yellow and white. I am not very clear about it. The idea is that if a route created is done in a flat place, it doesn't matter, but if there are different altitudes, what I understand is that the application will take it into account and will calculate so that the drone does not crash. That is, let's say that from where I take off, I give it a height of 20 meters, both the white and yellow information will be 20 meters. If the second wp is 50 meters away and a mountain appears let's say 10 meters higher than the takeoff point, I understand that the application will make the drone rise those 10 meters and so on. In short, the application will recalculate the heights based on the heights of the terrain so as not to crash. Would the option to use On the ground be like this?
Yes. Here is a good demonstration of how this works:

Note that you can also just check the ABOVE GROUND box when you are creating your mission in Mission Hub:
1599303363528.png

This will result in the mission following the contour of the earth's surface. The numbers in parenthesis are the actual height above ground that your drone will follow during the mission.
1599303476132.png

Note that you MUST have the "Use Online Elevation" box checked in Settings BEFORE you start planning your mission:
1599303602967.png

The Online Elevation is usually pretty good, but you must be prepared if something turns out to have changed. I generally go to the area I'm going to fly, and "hand fly" the mission manually first to be sure I'm going to clear any obstructions. That is the only way to be sure. You never know if a tree has grown 30' (or more) since the Google Earth photo was taken. I usually pad the distance by an extra 20' or more for good luck. You can always change it if you want to get closer on the next flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom