DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi RTH in waypoint mode climbs and stays over home at max alt

jeepin95

Reactions
I recently got my Mavic and Litchi for Android and have been playing with waypoints (coming over from DIY Pixhawk hex). I set Go4 RTH height to 50m along with some other settings. Then I launched Litchi and checked settings, RTH was set to 164ft and max alt to 390 something feet, which all makes sense with the m to ft conversion. I did a full auto waypoint mission with Litchi which works great. And ended at 300ft. At the end I hit the RTH button on the RC and both that and Litchi indicated it was returning home and I saw it fly overhead. Then it said landing on the display but instead of coming down from 300ft it started to climb and continued then stopped when it reached max altitude and just sat there saying max alt on the RC never coming down.

After about 20 seconds of no change I switched to sport mode and brought it down with no trouble. I then ran the mission again with the same issue after I hit RTH following mission completion. This time as it was sitting at max alt I changed to fpv mode and hit RTH, which worked as expected by immediately descending and landing.

Why is it climbing to max alt and sitting when I hit RTH while in waypoint mode,? This is concerning although easy to overcome when the RC is connected. I’ve searched but not seen other mention of this issue, what am I doing wrong or misunderstanding?

I’m running latest Litchi and 4.0000 FW.

Thanks

I'm just learning Litchi also and have not actually tried it yet, but I have read that you need to completely shut down the DJI GO4 app before starting Litchi. Could that be the problem?

I'm just learning Litchi also and have not actually tried it yet, but I have read that you need to completely shut down the DJI GO4 app before starting Litchi. Could that be the problem?
I don't believe so as I did shutdown Go4 and everything else in Litchi seems to be working fine. I get the full video, the waypoint mission uploads and flies fine, the only thing that doesn't operate as expected is RTH when in Litchi waypoint mode.

Thanks,
Josh

Is there any chance that your bottom sensors, either visual or ultrasonic, could have been blocked by anything such as a rear landing gear installed backwards, or by dust or dirt on the vision sensors...? What you describe sounds like what you could expect if the bottom sensors were tricked into a false reading.

Is there any chance that your bottom sensors, either visual or ultrasonic, could have been blocked by anything such as a rear landing gear installed backwards, or by dust or dirt on the vision sensors...? What you describe sounds like what you could expect if the bottom sensors were tricked into a false reading.

The bottom sensors were not blocked and are clean. I have a cover that I clip on which I 3D printed in bright red, and it was in my pocket. I did not have any feet attached. Also, RTH worked perfectly as expected when not in waypoint mode.

Reactions: Qoncussion
- Make sure Go4 is "really" closed, tap next to Phones "Home" button, make sure nothing is running.?
- In the LItchi waypoint mission, check if you have anything set in the "Actions" section on the "Last Waypoint".?

Reactions: TheStein
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez