DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi vs DJI

Rabber

Reactions
I have a Mav 2. What are the differences between Litchi and DJI Fly app? Especially interested in zone unlocking.

I have a Mav 2. What are the differences between Litchi and DJI Fly app? Especially interested in zone unlocking.

You need to unlock the zones first in DJI Fly before being able to use Litchi to take off.

So even if I am using litchi I still have to unlock zones in DJI first? Can't get around unlocking zones?

You need to unlock the zones first in DJI Fly before being able to use Litchi to take off.
litchi is not available on mini 2 at the moment but when I flew my P3P using litchi I never had to unlock zones before flying, if I used dji go I always got messages about unlocking zones but on litchi I never got warnings, strange !!!
not sure about dji fly app
another advantage with litchi is that you can set the video to auto start at takeoff and stop on landing, saves a lot of problems when you forget to switch on video and have a wasted flight

litchi is not available on mini 2 at the moment but when I flew my P3P using litchi I never had to unlock zones before flying, if I used dji go I always got messages about unlocking zones but on litchi I never got warnings, strange !!!
not sure about dji fly app

Possibly you were just seeing warning zones in the DJI GO app, and not "authorization zones" that needed to be unlocked. Authorization zones are locked out by the drone itself, and using a different app can't avoid that. Until the app is able to send the unlock to the drone, the drone won't fly, and Litchi doesn't have that capability -- so you need to use DJI Go 4, or DJI Fly for the unlock.

Possibly you were just seeing warning zones in the DJI GO app, and not "authorization zones" that needed to be unlocked. Authorization zones are locked out by the drone itself, and using a different app can't avoid that. Until the app is able to send the unlock to the drone, the drone won't fly, and Litchi doesn't have that capability -- so you need to use DJI Go 4, or DJI Fly for the unlock.
I think you might be right as I've never flown in authorisation zones the messages I used to get on dji go was in class D zones, but never got messages in same place using litchi, sorry for the mixup.

I think the OP meant the Go4 app for the Mavic 2.
While both programs allow you to do automated missions from the apps Litchi allows you to pre-program missions on the computer and preview them virtually with Google Earth Pro.

Waypoint video very poor with go4. Any compatibility/glitch issues w Litchi on M2P? Ok w Smart Contoller? Thnx
Litchi works fine with SC, it's a bit of a twist to get Litchi on a SC. There is the easy way (Amazon Store) and a more involved way (Installing Google systems) either way the program (Litchi) works fine. :)

p.s. I would go with the Amazon install way...both are described in detail on Litchi website on how to install step by step. ;) DJI Monitors (Smart Controller, CrystalSky, Phantom 4 Screens) - Litchi

Reactions: halifax and buddb55
As far as Zone unlocks, Litchi works off the DJI platform. If you cannot take off using the DJI app, you will not be able to take off using Litchi.

As far as advantages, I primarily use Litchi for waypoint missions.

Reactions: halifax
Your question is a bit odd as you say Mav 2, which is short for a Mavic 2...which uses the Go 4 App not the Fly App. But as mentioned if it is locked in DJI...Litchi is locked too. The Mavic 2 can be unlocked permanently, the Mini 2 cannot if that was your real question on aircraft.

Does Litchi have any other advantages or disadvantages?
Litchi has many advantages like voice feedback and a cleaner interface. Only downside is not all configurations to the drone can be done via litchi. The other downside is Litchi is not yet ready for the Mini 2. Litchi is in general way superior though

Reactions: halifax
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes