DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi waypoint altitudes

Hayabusa

Reactions
I’m going to try and sneak in a Litchi mission today/night asbits 1st day without rain in weeks. My question/scenario is when waypoint altitudes are set- let’s say #1 is 100’ and #2 is 200’. When passing 1 and heading to 2, does it gradually rise to 200’ or only when it gets to the waypoint?
It’s been a while since I used Litchi ( on my P3s) so a little nervous. Have some things I want to go explore but want to make sure Im clearing everything in its path. In this path I need to rise and lower, hence the question,
Thanks
Mike

That's a great question. My first thought would be that if way point #1 is set to 100 ft it would go to 100 ft until it reached way point #2 and then adjust to 200 ft at that point.

That's a great question. My first thought would be that if way point #1 is set to 100 ft it would go to 100 ft until it reached way point #2 and then adjust to 200 ft at that point.
I actually think the opposite. I think it gradually climbs to the next height set on that waypoint. I’ll test tomorrow if I get no rain.
Never went out anyway. Wind was gusting to 24 mph at 200’. I was going to fly 350’ at highest point. Didn’t want to test it that way.

I would strongly suggest downloading Namirda's Virtual Litchi Mission from this forum. It is quite useful for 3d visualization of your mission in Google Earth, before you fly.

You can export the Litchie mission as a KML file, then double click the file to open it in Google Earth, it will show you the mission, including altitude changes.

You can export the Litchie mission as a KML file, then double click the file to open it in Google Earth, it will show you the mission, including altitude changes.
I wish I knew how to do or even understand but I will try. That sounds pretty cool.
Good thing I didn’t fly the mission today. Had it planned out and 1 of the paths was between two large buildings. A vacant lot that’s under construction. On the Litchi satalite map it showed or that’s all I saw.
Well went and drove past tonight to notice a very tall crane. I was planning on flying higher than buildings even when I went over empty lot anyways (just Incase satalite is off) but good to know things aren’t always as they appear.
Does optical avoidance still work on Litchi?

I wish I knew how to do or even understand but I will try. That sounds pretty cool.
Good thing I didn’t fly the mission today. Had it planned out and 1 of the paths was between two large buildings. A vacant lot that’s under construction. On the Litchi satalite map it showed or that’s all I saw.
Well went and drove past tonight to notice a very tall crane. I was planning on flying higher than buildings even when I went over empty lot anyways (just Incase satalite is off) but good to know things aren’t always as they appear.
Does optical avoidance still work on Litchi?

Obstacle avoidance works if enabled in settings. It will go around and above if it's possible on my P4P. Probably the same for the Mavic

At the Litchie Mission Hub,

Mission Hub - Litchi

Create your mission, then click on the Missions Button in the lower left and export as KML 3D path, then it will download the file to your PC, double click that file and it will open in Google Earth (provided you have it installed)

In my flights it has behaved as JMF has already posted - it climbs (or descends) en route between points

Reactions: JMF
In a WP1 @100m to WP2 @200m scenario the bird gradually climbs. I wish I could say that for drastic changes in speed. In a WP1 @10km/h to WP2 @25km/h scenario the bird stops at each waypoint for 2secs then proceeds to thenext waypoint with the new speed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka