DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi: waypoint distances don't account for height?

marklyn

Reactions
Thought just popped into my head about the distances between two waypoints using Litchi.
If you have two waypoints, both same altitude setting, and they are 100' apart, then the waypoint distance shown on the map is accurate for 100', right?
But. If you have two waypoints, and they are 100' apart but the second waypoint is 400' higher altitude than the other waypoint, the distance between the two shouldn't be 100' like it still shows on the map, right?
Normally this wouldn't matter I suppose, except if you're changing gimbal angle drastically and you want to coordinate start gimbal angle at one waypoint with the end gimbal angle with the end waypoint.
Does this make sense, am I correct in this assertion?

Marco, your attachments aren't working for some reason... can you explain what the attachments represent?
When I use the mission hub page to set up a mission it definitely does not show the extra distance. It only shows the lateral distance between the two waypoints as if they were on the same even plane.

Marco, your attachments aren't working for some reason... can you explain what the attachments represent?
When I use the mission hub page to set up a mission it definitely does not show the extra distance. It only shows the lateral distance between the two waypoints as if they were on the same even plane.
Images should now be visble. I've placed 2 waypoints with 100m distance - screen1. Then I#ve raised the height of waypoint 2 up to 500m while not changing the distance. Litchi does recalculate the distance.

Reactions: ICHOTT
Must be a mission hub thing then. Waypoint 1 and Waypoint 3 are both 346' from Waypoint 2, but Waypoint 3 is 300' high, which is 200' higher than waypoint 1 & 2.

missionhub.png

Reactions: ksmusa
I reported this to Litchi and they've already responded. They said they would fix it.

Reactions: Marco Cantieni

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS