DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Waypoint Mission - gimbal pitches up and down continously

Hi George, I'm also having this same problem, gamble going up and down on a mission, when it should go to POI. Did you sus out a fix?
I just came across this thread while searching for this exact problem. I've had a mission where the signal starts dropping out and the gimbal starts cycling between 0 and -90 instead of pointing at a POI.

I understand now that for Litchi to control the gimbal it has to be in contact with the drone, but I'm unsure of what happens when it loses contact (which is what happens with this particular mission). I thought that when signal loss occurs the gimbal remains set at whatever angle it was when the signal was lost but it seems that rather than just being set it moves almost at random. In my case I've checked the mission waypoints where the cycling happened and the gimbal angle varies in the range -54 to -67.

I can accept that at LOS the gimbal would stay at for instance -60, but why would it repeatedly go all the way up and down? This makes behaviour during autonomous flight out of range unpredictable to the extent of being unusable.

Wondering if the golf course the one gent was filming used RF to communicate with various water sprinkler devices...a lot of golf courses use one. Additionally you may want to ask if the golf course has GPS in the carts. Some of the applications that run the devices on the course have a supplemental GPS cart tracking network to inject local "color" to the screen to include tracking carts to make sure they don't venture too far off of the beaten path.........

Gimbal position appears to follow the preset mission parameters. I have flown a mission or 2 that have had complete loss of signal back to the remote controller and since the mission is uploaded to the Mavic Pro first before flight those gimbal position parameters appear to be part of the mission data uploaded and executed.

I haven’t tried Litchi yet but had a weird issue with my Gimble when rolling the drone with the right stick! The only thing that fixed it was a Firmware refresh and re calibration of everything Compass, IMU, Gimble. I don’t know what was wrong Dji had started a return for me they had no idea but after I reset everything I had the power to the issue went away! What was happening was when I tried to shift the drone to the left or right with the right stick it was as if the Gimble would lock its horizontal orientation ( only when the drone would roll) and only during a flight! If I hand
Held it the Gimble worked fine! It’s something to try if all else fails!

@georgem1956,
For any of the gimbal tilt settings to work the Mavic must be connected to the RC. This is because the Mavic automation engine doesn't support a tilt angle parameter and automatic control of tilt angle transitions. Put more simply, the Mavic can not control the gimbal by itself.

So, for any gimbal tilt angle changes, the RC much be connected so the Litchi app can change gimbal tilt through transmitted commands

Gang, Litchi works fine. If you're getting weird results, it's almost 99% certain it's a misunderstanding in how various parameters behave, and how to set things up.

So, if DJI reauires that 3rd party apps maintain connection in order to control the gimbal, and the oscillation is a result of the RC losing connection, why can I fly a Drone Deploy mission at a much farther distance, periodically lose connection during the flight, and the gimbal never pans up or down?

I'm just trying to understand how this issue affecting multiple users (myself included) can be resolved, and maybe Litchi will have more folks singing their praises if the app can meet their needs.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon