DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi waypoint mission stopping during flight

Andy England

Reactions
Any ideas why this should happen?
I have waypoint actions set up to stop recording, tilt camera 90, take photo, stay for 2 secs, start recording. This works perfectly for most of the flight but the MA stops on the return flight at WP 14 out of 21 WP’s.
I have turned off all sensors and the flight is set for straight lines and not curves.
I did notice that on the outward bound flight the Litchi icon for the MA deviated from the yellow flight path. The outward bound flight was heading into the wind. On the return leg, the MA appeared to overshoot the waypoint label and that was when the mission came to a halt. I had prop guards on and also noticed the video feed was rather choppy.
Is it possible that strong tail wind could do this? Or compass calibration cause it to drift out of the flight path. I did notice that when it deviated off the path it still managed to swing back to the waypoint and complete the actions correctly until it stopped on the return leg.Wind speed was 12km/hr.
Anyone had similar experiences?

Reactions: mereflyer
Any ideas why this should happen?
I have waypoint actions set up to stop recording, tilt camera 90, take photo, stay for 2 secs, start recording. This works perfectly for most of the flight but the MA stops on the return flight at WP 14 out of 21 WP’s.
I have turned off all sensors and the flight is set for straight lines and not curves.
I did notice that on the outward bound flight the Litchi icon for the MA deviated from the yellow flight path. The outward bound flight was heading into the wind. On the return leg, the MA appeared to overshoot the waypoint label and that was when the mission came to a halt. I had prop guards on and also noticed the video feed was rather choppy.
Is it possible that strong tail wind could do this? Or compass calibration cause it to drift out of the flight path. I did notice that when it deviated off the path it still managed to swing back to the waypoint and complete the actions correctly until it stopped on the return leg.Wind speed was 12km/hr.
Anyone had similar experiences?
Do you have your waypoints curved or straight. if they are curved your actions won't complete and could be causing the issue.... Ooops I just saw you changed this already... Hmmm

Yes I've done everything I can think of to ensure the usual (posted) issues are eliminated. It only leaves me with software issue or weather conditions or hardware ?. I ran a test mission using the same settings on a local short run, and it worked perfectly and completed.
I will try to repeat the mission again and record the screen in map view to see if I get the same results as yesterday. Will post video if I get the same thing happening.

Reactions: mereflyer
I had a similar problem and fixed mine by deleting the offending waypoint and setting it back up again in a slightly different position don’t know why it worked but it did

OK - here is what I deduce from repeating the same flight, but the weather conditions were perfect with zero wind speed. The mission completed without any interruptions and all WP actions worked as planned.

On the day I had the failed mission the wind speed (according to Air Data) was 18 km/hr. As mentioned in my previous post, I noticed the Litchi drone icon drifted off the planned flight path, but drifted back onto the WP marker on the outward bound flight and completed the WP actions. On the return flight, with a tail wind, it 'overshot' the first WP, and that was when the MA stopped the mission.

I now realize that if the MA is blown off course and fails to position itself at the WP coordinates, then the mission will be suspended. I guess its similar to trying to run action steps using curved turns, where the drone will not reach the designated WP coordinates to perform the WP actions.

It makes perfect sense to me now , and emphasizes the importance of only attempting a mission when the wind speed is very low. No problem with MA or the Litchi app, but just poor weather conditions, especially at 30 m above the beach.

Anyone had similar experiences????

Yes and there should be a fallback scenario in Litchi, either backtrack or RTH instead of hover by default. It wouldn't be without risks, like low battery, but better than nothing...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast