DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi waypoints for Mavic MIni?

Wade Gizzy

Reactions
A friend got a Mavic Mini for Christmas. At the time he knew that the Litchi App I use on my Pro would not work on the Mini. I predicted it would in time. So....I have been looking and found this on a Google Search: " This means that powerful and popular third-party apps, such as Litchi, which allows sophisticated pre-planned routes and other customized features, will also work for the Mavic Mini.Mar 20, 2020 ". However, when I looked it up on Google Play, the "Mini" wasn't listed. What is the deal here, will it work or not? I did a forum-wide search and found nothing!

What is the deal here, will it work or not? I did a forum-wide search and found nothing!

The beta version of Litchi supports the Mavic Mini but doesn't support waypoints/routes. Take a look at Dronelink which is available now and does support waypoints (amongst many other features) on the Mini and works well.

I've used several 3rd party apps for waypoints with the MM. DroneLink, Mavic Maven, RedWayPoints. Check them out, they offer features and some are OS specific.

Reactions: jake20934
I tried using Litchi as well. What I did find is that when I went back and forth between the Litchi and DJI fly app, I had to keep formatting my SD card for each individual app. They seem to be different for that. Also, I can't seem to unlock my MM when flying in authorization zones with the Litchi, so I have to go back and forth between them. So for me for now I will stick with the DJI fly app.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I tried using Litchi as well. What I did find is that when I went back and forth between the Litchi and DJI fly app, I had to keep formatting my SD card for each individual app. They seem to be different for that. Also, I can't seem to unlock my MM when flying in authorization zones with the Litchi, so I have to go back and forth between them. So for me for now I will stick with the DJI fly app.
Another thing to keep in mind is that when changing certain parameters in one app it MAY affect another app even if the second app does not have the option to turn on/off the setting for that parameter. Some parameters are retained in the AC firmware and some are automatically reset when the app starts.

Case in point, I turned off the two bottom sensors in the Litchi settings and then later when I flew my Mini with the DJI Fly app, the Mini wasn't sensing the ground at it's normal 20 inches and also when hovering, it wasn't holding it's normal accurate position as it now could only use GPS for positioning with the sensor off. I landed and went back into the Litchi settings to turn the two sensor systems back on and all was OK when going back in DJI Fly.

It was a little scary until I figured out what was actually happening and I have to be prepared for the unexpected as I now play around between Litchi, Maven, DroneLink, Red Waypoints and DJI Fly.

IS there any reason you couldn't have went into the DJI App and turned those sensors back on within the Fly App? Most settings are stored in the aircraft, and will retain those settings as you have seen.

You shouldn't have had to go to Litchi to adjust something, it should just show toggled off in the Fly App as well, and if not, just do a double toggle and it should have retained control from that App.

IS there any reason you couldn't have went into the DJI App and turned those sensors back on within the Fly App? Most settings are stored in the aircraft, and will retain those settings as you have seen.

You shouldn't have had to go to Litchi to adjust something, it should just show toggled off in the Fly App as well, and if not, just do a double toggle and it should have retained control from that App.
Unless it's changed, the last time I checked in the Fly App settings for the Mini, there were no options to toggle on/off the bottom sensors like in Litchi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121