DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Waypoints

ozfish

Reactions
Normally I can work this stuff out but this one has me stumped. Flying a Mav 2 Pro. Latest firmware. Am trying to create waypoints on the fly . Lots of info out there and have done all of it ... that I can see anyway. Programed C1 or C2 button for 'Waypoint at Aircraft' and this shows as completed in settings as being done... adjusted all the pertinent mission settings, syncs done as necessary. Fly the drone to my area of interest then hit C1 button ... no waypoint shows up on map. Tried different variations of this. Saved mission but with no waypoints on the map, what's the point. Can someone please tell me what step am I missing that simply inserts a waypoint each time I hit my programed button on my Mv2P controller while flying the drone. Sorry to be a pain in the butt .... more than happy to purchase the Litchi App for $25.00 if that's needed but from what I have read, not needed with M2Pro or some other drones before this release.
Using Ipad with latest Litchi loaded. Also can pre-load a flight with waypoints and fly it successfully .... just can't create them on the fly which for our volunteer environmental work is what I would like

Please clarify whether or not you have the Litchi app installed.

Here you imply that you do not have the Litchi app:

more than happy to purchase the Litchi App for $25.00 if that's needed

Here you imply that you already have the Litchi app:
Using Ipad with latest Litchi loaded.

Obviously, the Litchi app is needed to perform Litchi functions, but I can't tell what you have by your description.

Reactions: tribar
Normally I can work this stuff out but this one has me stumped. Flying a Mav 2 Pro. Latest firmware. Am trying to create waypoints on the fly . Lots of info out there and have done all of it ... that I can see anyway. Programed C1 or C2 button for 'Waypoint at Aircraft' and this shows as completed in settings as being done... adjusted all the pertinent mission settings, syncs done as necessary. Fly the drone to my area of interest then hit C1 button ... no waypoint shows up on map. Tried different variations of this. Saved mission but with no waypoints on the map, what's the point. Can someone please tell me what step am I missing that simply inserts a waypoint each time I hit my programed button on my Mv2P controller while flying the drone. Sorry to be a pain in the butt .... more than happy to purchase the Litchi App for $25.00 if that's needed but from what I have read, not needed with M2Pro or some other drones before this release.
Using Ipad with latest Litchi loaded. Also can pre-load a flight with waypoints and fly it successfully .... just can't create them on the fly which for our volunteer environmental work is what I would like
The $25 Litchi app is required for flying the Mavic 2 Pro on Litchi waypoint missions, even though the Litchi Mission Hub, on which it is highly recommended you create and store all waypoint flights, is a free download for your desktop or laptop.

It is far better to use the Litchi Mission Hub to create waypoint missions than to plot individual waypoints as you fly the drone, and there are two reasons for this. The first reason to create waypoint flights at home on your laptop or desktop is the convenience of having ALL such flight plans stored on the mobile device you use for flying the drone BEFORE you go to fly the drone.

Copying all your saved Litchi waypoint missions from the desktop to the drone's smart device is the only time you will require a wifi signal and internet connection, and with that done any of those saved flights can be launched by scrolling through the list of saved flights on the mobile smart device, selecting the one you want, and hitting the play icon once the drone is airborne, whereupon Litchi will take over and fly the entire mission with no further operator input needed until the time comes to land the drone.

The second advantage of pre-planning your Litchi waypoint flights on your desktop is that no battery power is consumed creating waypoints by flying the drone to each waypoint and marking it with a programmed button on the controller. If all that preliminary flight planning has been completed indoors, your drone's flight battery power can be devoted entirely to flying that waypoint mission without consuming battery power to define the waypoint sequence manually.

I own a small fleet of older DJI drones that includes two Mavic 2 Pros and a cumulative total of over 3,000 miles flown by those drones was navigated under the fully autonomous control of the Litchi app on my iPad. I never fly my drones manually because Litchi waypoint missions allow me to inscribe flight paths with gradual sweeping turns that allow for buttery smooth camera pans that I could not recreate while flying the drone manually.

Reactions: DJ Wes
Please clarify whether or not you have the Litchi app installed.

Here you imply that you do not have the Litchi app:

Here you imply that you already have the Litchi app:

Obviously, the Litchi app is needed to perform Litchi functions, but I can't tell what you have by your description.
The $25 Litchi app is required for flying the Mavic 2 Pro on Litchi waypoint missions, even though the Litchi Mission Hub, on which it is highly recommended you create and store all waypoint flights, is a free download for your desktop or laptop.

It is far better to use the Litchi Mission Hub to create waypoint missions than to plot individual waypoints as you fly the drone, and there are two reasons for this. The first reason to create waypoint flights at home on your laptop or desktop is the convenience of having ALL such flight plans stored on the mobile device you use for flying the drone BEFORE you go to fly the drone.

Copying all your saved Litchi waypoint missions from the desktop to the drone's smart device is the only time you will require a wifi signal and internet connection, and with that done any of those saved flights can be launched by scrolling through the list of saved flights on the mobile smart device, selecting the one you want, and hitting the play icon once the drone is airborne, whereupon Litchi will take over and fly the entire mission with no further operator input needed until the time comes to land the drone.

The second advantage of pre-planning your Litchi waypoint flights on your desktop is that no battery power is consumed creating waypoints by flying the drone to each waypoint and marking it with a programmed button on the controller. If all that preliminary flight planning has been completed indoors, your drone's flight battery power can be devoted entirely to flying that waypoint mission without consuming battery power to define the waypoint sequence manually.

I own a small fleet of older DJI drones that includes two Mavic 2 Pros and a cumulative total of over 3,000 miles flown by those drones was navigated under the fully autonomous control of the Litchi app on my iPad. I never fly my drones manually because Litchi waypoint missions allow me to inscribe flight paths with gradual sweeping turns that allow for buttery smooth camera pans that I could not recreate while flying the drone manually.
Many thanks for your comprehensive reply. No worries, I will pay the $25.00.
Yes .... I certainly agree with using that great feature of being able to pre-plan at home and then go fly in complete autonomous mode ... job done.
BUT, the reason why I wanted to create the waypoints manually was to fly the drone to a couple of exact locations that I photographed back in 2018 using a different app. I wanted exact same location with all the same properties, camera, height etc. I wanted to do a follow up to these problem areas from 2018 and wanted exact replica photo's of those spots. Hope that makes sense. Thanks again.

Try pressing the C1 or C2 (whichever you have programmed to set the waypoints), twice at each waypoint. I have had to do that when setting waypoints as youe describe.

Try pressing the C1 or C2 (whichever you have programmed to set the waypoints), twice at each waypoint. I have had to do that when setting waypoints as you describe.
Thank you ...! .. will try that and many thanks for taking the time to respond.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J