DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi

Bellaflys2016

Reactions
Does anyone know if Litchi will work at night? Can you set missions and then take it out at night and will it work in no light situations?

Yes. It does need to stay in contact with the remote though I’m sure right? If it loses signal will it just back up to regain or switch to default signal loss mode and go up to designated altitude in an attempt to reestablish a connection?

Difference is I need it to work out in the country between a house and some trees in complete darkness. I’ll have to do a test run.

I wonder why he says it’s in 4K. In the credits following h he says it was done with a Phantom : standard using 1080p 30fps.

Even if connection to the Remote Controller is lost the Mission is completed. The mission is uploaded to the Mavic.

That was freakin insane! I live in Baltimore and I don’t know how he got away with that.

Turn off Front LED's and Electrical Tape over the rear light. Fly the preconfigured Mission within Lichti during the day to make sure there are not any obstacles that will be hazardous. Then just load the Mission and fly it at night.

Yes. It does need to stay in contact with the remote though I’m sure right? If it loses signal will it just back up to regain or switch to default signal loss mode and go up to designated altitude in an attempt to reestablish a connection?
The flight path itself is uploaded to the aircraft. No RC connection is needed and the flight continues upon signal loss. RC connection is needed for some actions, though, such as speed changes and gimbal angle changes (but not yaw, heading, or elevation changes). Connection is also required on "straight line" missions in order to perform specified actions, because these commands are sent from the RC. If you are flying a mission in which you anticipate signal loss then you are best to not program in any of these actions. The aircraft will never "back up" or increase altitude to regain RC connection. Litchi is also a great substitute for Go4 for general FPV flight.

Turn off Front LED's and Electrical Tape over the rear light. Fly the preconfigured Mission within Lichti during the day to make sure there are not any obstacles that will be hazardous. Then just load the Mission and fly it at night.
Great idea to fly it first during the day. Obstacle avoidance won't work in the dark. I'd hate to see another 'My drones stuck in a tree' thread.

Difference is I need it to work out in the country between a house and some trees in complete darkness. I’ll have to do a test run.

Just review the guy who crashed his Litchi mission in the wide open spaces of Utah - probably hitting a jutting cliff.

As for Dirtybird's video, he posted on the DJI forum and mentioned the video in reference to something else. I found it astounding but don't know much else about it. He has another of one drone chasing/following another also for about 16 or 17 minutes. Another Litchi outcome.

Just review the guy who crashed his Litchi mission in the wide open spaces of Utah - probably hitting a jutting cliff.

As for Dirtybird's video, he posted on the DJI forum and mentioned the video in reference to something else. I found it astounding but don't know much else about it. He has another of one drone chasing/following another also for about 16 or 17 minutes. Another Litchi outcome.

Love his videos from an entertainment perspective, but can’t condone that kind of activity in a major city. Still, eye candy.

Reactions: ff22
Dirtybird has one I think is incredible - almost 17 minutes over Baltimore. Not with the Mavic at that time.

I am a long way from trusting myself or the equipment to do that. Pretty cool.

Dirty Bird's flights are far from punching in a series of waypoints and sending it off. He puts in a LOT of planning and testing. That's why they look so good!

Yea I talked to him. He lives near me. I’m going to see if we can get together and he can show me a few things. He did say he does a test run with the cheaper Phantom to make sure it all works out and to give a lot extra on altitude.

couple of points...

He thanked many folks... was that a "poke in the eye" when he thanked the Balt. Police Dept? ;>)

some of the building passes made my sphincter clinch up...

I wonder how he dialed in the elevation in order to barely clear many buildings and tall stuff (like flag poles, top of the stadium, towers on top of buildings etc?)

I also wonder what the distance from take off was when at the farthest point...

very cool if you got great big cahunas...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661