DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litichi and direction of flight (not POI) question

marklyn

Reactions
I have a hit and miss situation when I'm using Litchi.
Two scenarios: Miission scenario... if I set up a mission with no POI's, where can I set it so that after each waypoint the bird faces the direction it is flying (to the next waypoint)?
Also, can this be set up in advance in the mission hub?

Second scenario: If I set up a mission with say 3 way points and 1 POI's at, say the first waypoint, then I tell the bird to focus POI on that first way point, how do I then tell the bird (from that point onward) face the direction you're flying?
If the second scenario is possible do I set this in the iOS app (only) or can I also set this in the mission hub when I'm building the mission.

I have read, and read but I'm just not hitting it correctly and it's frustrating me or sometimes it works the way I want but I can't figure out what "made" it work :)

When you don't use a POI, just set the desired heading and make sure 'Interopolate' is selected.

That way the heading should smoothly transition from the previous waypoint heading to the next one (applies to gimbal tilt too).

I usually start with POIs just for Litchi to estimate heading and tilt, later I make all waypoints interpolate with no POIs attached.

Check the images, maybe they can help.

Attachments

• Litchi.jpg
    Litchi.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Litchi2.jpg
    Litchi2.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 25
So you set up 3 waypoints and set your POI in the middle. Waypoint 1 & 3 are focused on that POI... waypoint 2 you have a curve but chose interpolate.
2 questions: did you have the second waypoint set up with a POI to the POI #1 and then change it to interpolate?
2nd question: What exactly is the interpolate's action meant to do? I'm still not clear on that, and I get lost in DJI's explanation...

One of the things I want to do is set a mission where, say waypoint 1 and waypoint 2 would have a POI to focus on (toward), then on the way to waypoint 3 I want the drone to start facing the direction of the flight from that point on...

Maybe you are having a transition problem. If you want to travel from 2 to 3 with the course heading, it may be better to ad another waypoint, check the images:

Attachments

• Litchi4.jpg
    Litchi4.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Litchi_Heading_Explained.jpg
    Litchi_Heading_Explained.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 18
Good stuff. OK, thanks for your help, as soon as the weather clears I'm going to try some experiments.
You gave excellent diagrams, thanks!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx