DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Live PD anyone see it last night? Guy looking for his drone was shot in Fla !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can point out one thing false about it. That isn’t the correct use of “liberal” in context of his post. Liberal as in a generous dose. A liberal amount of something. Not everything is political.

"Liberals" as a group chose that designation. Trust me when I say this...Non-Liberals would have a completely different and negative word to call them.They feel they are giving, caring, and looking out for others well being. All instances of this word stem from the word "Liberty", or a state of being free, which is quite the oxymoron because Liberals prefer that Government dictate everything over everyone. Every law, ordinance, and ridiculous infringement on our liberty for the sake of protecting myself from myself is from a die hard Liberal. I know the difference between liberal gun laws and Liberals as a group. The original comment I made was more of a joke (with truisms). But again, I would bet real money you consider yourself a Liberal and don't like being called out. Go have an ice cream in a safe place and relax. I'm heading out on this beautiful day with my wife on my motorcycle. In one of the last 3 states that don't require me to protect myself from myself with a helmet.

Well in Hollywood, or in Cali for that matter, I have not heard of anyone getting shot over a drone. "Sneakers maybe" (lol). As for being a Liberal, we like Drones, It allows us to keep an eye on the bad guys, like the coal polluters, and other environmental criminals dumping chemicals and garbage into our air and water. I actually enjoy the Liberal tag, it also means I am highly educated, I put the needs of others before my own, and I believe the government should make sure the air is safe to breath, the water is safe to drink, and that corporations have not only a duty to answer to their share holders but to the American Consumer, it's that kind of liberal oversight which it seems Cayman objects too, that protects us from banks, airlines, phone companies, cable companies, pharmaceutical and food companies. A lot of us are now in the 'Drone Business" its because of the FAA and the 107, government rules and regulations, that places like Florida have not banned drones completely.

Last edited:
I’m sorry I also said wait till daylight. I didn’t read close enuff. Take care my friend. Hope everyone is ok.. several years back I had some friends who were Victims of home invasion in Polk Co. A rural area. We are all on the front line these days.

Yep, 'they' are everywhere.

This conversation is a loser.....
There is a BIG difference between a “Liberal” and a “Leftist” in this country today. Don’t get them confused.

Sheesh. This turned into a political argument pretty quickly!

Bottom line is both were wrong. Obviously they were peaking around for a while, enough time at least for the property owner to grab the gun, and fire a warning shot. Knock on doors, be smart, especially in Florida, or anywhere else, you don't know what the property owner has gone through before.

And, there is no such thing as a warning shot TOWARDS the suspects, that's just plain irresponsible gun ownership, speak out loud, yell, and only take it out of safety when there's a potential for bodily harm against you. That's gun ownership 101, he acted trigger happy, at least deserves his guns confiscated until he takes a safety course, and certainly deserves a law suit by the drone owner.

Two guys were in an alley peeking over fences looking for there downed drone and some whack job fired a “warning shot” (according to the shooter, who was arrested BTW) the round went thru the fence, struck concrete, the bullet fragmented and struck one of the guys and their vehicle.
A little sketchy peeking over fences instead of knocking on the door and asking, but never the less it didn’t warrant being fired upon.

I always thought hexacopters were a waste due to using a battery to run two more motors. I understand they are much more stable as if one motor goes out the machine will still fly. Hitting something is another matter as a crash will bring down any drone. But to avoid having to go on to another's property to look for a fallen drone any feature that keeps it up in the air till it gets home is worth it. A built in GPS signal is also a good future feature so we could go right to it instead of risk roaming in areas we could get shot.

Well in Hollywood, or in Cali for that matter, I have not heard of anyone getting shot over a drone. "Sneakers maybe" (lol). As for being a Liberal, we like Drones, It allows us to keep an eye on the bad guys, like the coal polluters, and other environmental criminals dumping chemicals and garbage into our air and water. I actually enjoy the Liberal tag, it also means I am highly educated, I put the needs of others before my own, and I believe the government should make sure the air is safe to breath, the water is safe to drink, and that corporations have not only a duty to answer to their share holders but to the American Consumer, it's that kind of liberal oversight which it seems Cayman objects too, that protects us from banks, airlines, phone companies, cable companies, pharmaceutical and food companies. A lot of us are now in the 'Drone Business" its because of the FAA and the 107, government rules and regulations, that places like Florida have not banned drones completely.
Too bad history wasn’t included in attaining that higher education
2z67zfo.jpg

I grew up in Los Angeles in the 70s. Please don’t talk to me how bad things are today.

****** snip******** it's that kind of liberal oversight which it seems Cayman objects too, that protects us from banks, airlines, phone companies, cable companies, pharmaceutical and food companies. ******snip*****

LOL! I just blew coffee out of my nose!
When will this "protection" start? The biggest screwings I get each month is from the people the "highly educated" are supposedly protecting me from.....

This is a MYTH!
Nowhere is there a a “shoot and ask question later” law in this country. In every jurisdiction the standard for justifiable use of deadly force is high and no case does that include the protection of property. If you use deadly force when you are not being threatened with “severe bodily harm“, you will be charged with murder.
Please do some research before spreading such untruths.

Please do some research before asking others to do research. There are certain circumstances where it is justifiable to use deadly force in the defense of property.

Pro Tip: Making blanket statements (using words like "no one", "nowhere", and "no case") is usually not a good tactic in a debate.

home invasions.....

home invasions.....
In the vast majority of jurisdictions, a “home invasion“ IS the physical threat and the use of deadly force is justified. The assumption is that you were not protecting your “property“ but your life. Sadly, there are still states where the “duty to retreat“ is still the law. In other words, if somebody breaks down your front door and forcibly enters your home you cannot use deadly force if you are able to run out your back door. This was the genesis of all the so called “Castle doctrine“ laws that have been implemented in recent years. I think Idaho just passed theirs in the last couple weeks

Name one where a private citizen is legally justified to use deadly force to protect private property where no immediate physical danger exists?

I'm going to respond to you in exactly the manner you did to zorr0, and exactly the way I did in my OP: Do some research.

You're not suffering from some infirmity that prevents you from doing your own research.

I'm going to respond to you in exactly the manner you did to zorr0, and exactly the way I did in my OP: Do some research.

You're not suffering from some infirmity that prevents you from doing your own research.
Ahhhh, the old “prove a negative” game lol
....so Britcher, have you stopped beating your wife?

Ahhhh, the old “prove a negative” game lol
....so Britcher, have you stopped beating your wife?

Aside from your inability to read, it took me 15 seconds to "prove a negative". If you're thinking you need to prove a negative, you don't possess the logic necessary to discuss law.

BTW, your question also fails basic logic, because my response is "I'm not married".

Last edited:
Aside from your inability to read, it took me 15 seconds to "prove a negative". If you're thinking you need to prove a negative, you don't possess the logic necessary to discuss law.

BTW, your question also fails basic logic, because my response is "I'm not married".
Lol... you’ve obviously never taken a high school logic class.... it’s called rhetoric

We’re still waiting for an example of a competent jurisdiction in this country that allows deadly force to be used to protect private property when there is no reasonable threat of severe bodily harm. Sounds like you know of several

Really? What's false about it? NOTHING is false about my statement. Liberalism isn't politics. It's a sad state of mind. Ignorant? Would you like to compare accomplishments or successes sometime? Lefties always come back with an insult when they are called out. You are no different. Now shoo gnat.
LOL, why do you assume things about people you don't know? Where did I say I was a lefty? You probably think that anyone who doesn't agree with your views is a "dumb lib". What’s false about your statement is that you said liberals hate guns and drones. I know liberals who like both.

Last edited:
LOL, why do you assume things about people you don't know? In that case, let me assume some things about you...you're a Kool-Aid drinking Trump supporter who thinks he is the second coming of Christ and who worships and defends everything he does no matter how ignorant or stupid, you probably own one of those stupid MAGA hats and have Trump bumper stickers plastered all over your pickup truck, there is nothing he can ever do to stop you from supporting him, and you think that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a "dumb lib".

I think you summed it up nicely.

Reactions: brichter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member