DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lock Exposure

@Suren dont know about the Mavic 3 ,but on my Mini3 pro i have assigned one of the buttons on the back of the DJI RC to activate /deactivate AE lock

I tried that and that only works when in Auto mode but not in Pro mode
I've just tried it and it works in pro and auto camera modes on DJI RC, tap to focus to reveal the yellow square, then hold the yellow square to lock AE.

Reactions: old man mavic
I've just tried it and it works in pro and auto camera modes on DJI RC, tap to focus to reveal the yellow square, then hold the yellow square to lock AE.
When I touch on the screen mine does not work, tap once and then a quick 2nd take and hold to lock. Works in Auto but not Pro for me.

Hey Suren, I just locked mine in vider Pro mode using the RC Pro and an assigned button. Up on the 5D for me.
That's strange. I wonder why mine does not work. Maybe I should reset the RC Pro and start again. I tried the same RC Pro on the original Mavic and I can't lock exposure there as well in video Pro mode.

In Pro mode you pick the exposure yourself by setting the shutter speed and ISO, so it's locked by default. At least, that's what it does for me with my Mini 3 Pro. Maybe the Mavic 3 is different? But it's the same software (DJI Fly)…

That's strange. I wonder why mine does not work. Maybe I should reset the RC Pro and start again. I tried the same RC Pro on the original Mavic and I can't lock exposure there as well in video Pro mode.
My trial this afternoon was very short. Tomorrow, I will give a longer and more comprehensive try.

In Pro mode you pick the exposure yourself by setting the shutter speed and ISO, so it's locked by default. At least, that's what it does for me with my Mini 3 Pro. Maybe the Mavic 3 is different? But it's the same software (DJI Fly)…
My exposure is dynamic when I set iso etc, changes with light and dark areas

You have to set at least one of the exposure parameters to Auto, then AE Lock works in video mode with a dedicated button.
A Dji mod just confirmed that this can't be done on the Mavic 3 Pro in video mode that we can't set the AE to lock in Video Pro mode.

A Dji mod just confirmed that this can't be done on the Mavic 3 Pro in video mode that we can't set the AE to lock in Video Pro mode.
Nonsense, I was doing it all day yesterday.

Skyscope is correct, even when filming in Pro video mode, if ISO and/or Shutter and/or Aperture are set to "Auto" (yellow) then the tap and hold function (and I presume RC button assignment) to lock AE works fine.

Check this by tapping the vicinity of the data to the left of the "PRO" camera icon on the bottom right of RC, on the next menu press the aperture icon, you will then see ISO, Shutter and Aperture settings, one of these needs to be set to "Auto" (yellow) to enable AE Lock.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1