DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lock Gimbal When Capture During Hyperlapse?

bobomet

Reactions
From what I can gather, it's advantageous to have the option turned ON for low shutter speed photos, especially for long exposure shots.

So it seems to me this should be OFF during hyperlapse sequences. Is that right?
Thanks for your input!

I would like to bump this old thread, I have the exact same question (particularly for longer exposure, during nighttime).

Thank you.

I would like to bump this old thread, I have the exact same question (particularly for longer exposure, during nighttime).

Thank you.
Not needed. I have done Hyperlapse on my M2P with exposures at 8 second interval. Steady as a rock... just only get about a 15 second video for 20 min hover and shoot.

Reactions: acdraindrps
I would think that better stills are captured without gimbal lock while the quad is in motion, just wanted to get others' opinions.

I too have a question about this. I know it was said that it's not needed. However, I'm taking a hyperlapse of the sunset as I type, and I notice the horizon is level. My guess is this is caused by the gimbal lock setting while the drone is leaning into the wind. Wouldn't it make sense to turn this off for hyperlapse just so the gimbal can stay level? (Only my second hyperlapse and only have one battery at the moment, so can't really experiment until tomorrow)

I too have a question about this. I know it was said that it's not needed. However, I'm taking a hyperlapse of the sunset as I type, and I notice the horizon is level. My guess is this is caused by the gimbal lock setting while the drone is leaning into the wind. Wouldn't it make sense to turn this off for hyperlapse just so the gimbal can stay level? (Only my second hyperlapse and only have one battery at the moment, so can't really experiment until tomorrow)
I can't confirm this, but I assume that when the term "lock" is used, it's implied that the gimbal is locked in whatever position that's required to keep the horizon properly level (for an accurately calibrated gimbal). In other words, I believe the gimbal is only locked in place only while the shutter action occurs.

I can't confirm this, but I assume that when the term "lock" is used, it's implied that the gimbal is locked in whatever position that's required to keep the horizon properly level (for an accurately calibrated gimbal). In other words, I believe the gimbal is only locked in place only while the shutter action occurs.

That makes way more sense reading it that way and why it's defaulted on! Thank you

sorry to pump this old thread but i have a problem with gimbal in hyperlapse so i want to ask you guy!
here is the video i took

DJI_0114
(sorry i dont know how to upload video direct here)

is the hyperlapse video usually rocking left and right like that? if not whay should i do to fix it? please help me, thank you for your time!