DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Logbook

I use the logs created from AirData. We print them every month and add them to our "Paper Collection" in case we have a "Ramp Check".

In our Public Safety Dept we have to carry proof of Currency in regards to Dept Requirements for flight hours to be deployable.

Reactions: Thomas B
Does the FAA not also require the "COMMERCIAL" guys to also keep a maintenance log

Not at the moment. We did under the 333 Exemption but as of right now it's a "Good Idea" if for nothing else in case there is an incident so you can show some degree of maintenance has been performed.

I was looking more for a recommendation for a paper log book to track my hours, maintenance, battery cycles, etc

I think is what I'm looking for

That's an excellent option and Andrew with AeroWorks is a great guy and an asset to our industry.

Reactions: Deleted Member 997
No requirement as yet, however, should you decide to maintain logs, I would recommend against using anything in the electronic platform. Why? If you maintain in an electronics platform, that platform has the possibility of confiscation by authorities for inspection should the need arise.

For a written record, Lawyer Rupprecht has some ideas at: -

I've spent almost sixty years writing in log book's...I ain't doing it for drones..I use airdata...but the DJI app will tell you just about everything you would want to know.

Does anyone know of a way to export the airdata logs to paper/excel in the form of a typical pilot logbook with typical data such as date, time, duration, site, weather, battery levels, comments etc?

I use the dji records as my flight log. For maint, I write in a little book I keep with the drone kit, recording date, hours and what I did. Would be cool if GO4 and Fly would let you enter a line and record this in the flight logs. I upload the logs to DJI so they're backed up in case I drop the phone in the outhouse, or worse.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69