DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

London Next Week

Dixxymizzy

Reactions
Hi, everyone. New member here. I'm heading to London next week and considering taking my Zoom. Are there any great spots in the city to fly? I would love to get some shots of the river, etc. Are there any planned meetups next week?

In the City ........................................ NOOOOOOOO

Not a chance matey. (Legally). However...and I’m not advocating illegality, others have done very very short flights, ‘cut n run’ then edited the flights into a short film, (see you tube). But be aware, that any flying around London will most likely be illegal and attract the attention of the authorities, particularly in these terror obsessed times. London city airport is nearby, as is the headquarters of MIi5, not to mention all the landmarks of one of the most famous capital cities in the world.
My advice...just forget the drone, take your camera and have a great time, it’s not worth getting into big trouble over just for a few shots with a drone.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Personally I wouldn’t take the chance in the city of London, if your going further afield then you stand more chance of flying. Can’t help with where to fly, don’t live in London.

London is a no flying zone. You might get a hit and run in the suburbs, but in the City, most likely you will get caught as it is full of undercover police. If, however, you take the chance to launch your drone, bear in mind that there are helicopters flying low all the time so, for the sake of safety, go low. The basic rules are fly under 120m, 50m away from people, 150m above buildings (which is not possible because of the 120m max height rule), not over build up areas, 1 mile away from airports.

It would be helpful to check your area with the Airmap app (www.airmap.com)

Enjoy your stay in London.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705