DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long battery life Mavic 3

RoosArt

Reactions
I am curious why DJI did not provide the option of using the Mavic 3 battery as a powerbank. With my Mavic Air I have the fly more combo kit that includes three batteries. After flying you come home with perhaps one or two of the batteries still fully charged. In that case I would use the small included single charge connector and hook the battery onto my mobile and discharge it partly in this fashion. As far as I know that is not possible wit the Mavic 3 batteries. Does anyone have a solution for this or is it better to let the battery discharge itself?

I am curious why DJI did not provide the option of using the Mavic 3 battery as a powerbank. With my Mavic Air I have the fly more combo kit that includes three batteries. After flying you come home with perhaps one or two of the batteries still fully charged. In that case I would use the small included single charge connector and hook the battery onto my mobile and discharge it partly in this fashion. As far as I know that is not possible wit the Mavic 3 batteries. Does anyone have a solution for this or is it better to let the battery discharge itself?
Why discharge them? I just wait till they cool off and charge them again. Being able to use them as a power pack would be nice. Maybe a third party will come out with something.

I think he wants the option to use them as a USB powerbank to help drain them to a reasonable level for long-term storage. It’s not a good idea to store the battery fully charged.

Reactions: @Rip
I have a Hantora charging hub for my Air 2/Air 2S batteries that will take them down to storage level but most of the time they will discharge to storage level on their own. Since they've taken away the ability to set your own discharge schedule, I guess they figure that it would be pointless since they are designed to do it themselves.

I think he wants the option to use them as a USB powerbank to help drain them to a reasonable level for long-term storage. It’s not a good idea to store the battery fully charged.
all you have to do is double tap the battery and hold down for a few seconds on the 2nd tap. It will immediately begin a discharge cycle. Same process for stopping the discharge cycle

my mini 3 batteries auto discharge automatically (so do the Mavic 3 for that matter)

Reactions: RoosArt
No need to do anything special. The DJI Intelligent batteries start the discharge cycle automatically after 24 hours. Over a period of a week to ten days it discharges to about 60%

all you have to do is double tap the battery and hold down for a few seconds on the 2nd tap. It will immediately begin a discharge cycle. Same process for stopping the discharge cycle

my mini 3 batteries auto discharge automatically (so do the Mavic 3 for that matter)
Doesn't that just turn the battery "on?" How does that immediately begin a discharge cycle? However, I believe you are correct that turning the battery on resets the discharge cycle.

I have Mavic 3 batteries with around 100 flights. How many flights are these good for?
Number of flights and number of charge cycles are 2 different things.
Typically LiPo's are good for at least 200 charge cycles, often more, if properly maintained and stored. 200 charge cycles could equate to well over 300 flights depending on what battery % you land at.
You can check your battery info under Safety/Battery info in the fly app. That will show number of times charged (this is calculated by how many times the battery receives a combined total of 100% charge, 2 charges from 50% to 100% equals 1 cycle).
If your cell voltages are equal (or within 0.02 volts of eachother) and there is no swelling or other performance issues then your batteries are still fine.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne