DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long distance all stock

amstar

Reactions
Ran an anticipated long distance last night got about 20k but fuel tank was not holding.

May 23rd, 2018 12:44AM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from Litchi app, version 2.2 on iOS | Total Mileage: 41,604 ft | India | Airdata UAV

Of late the distances have decreased so I took a look at batt capacities remaining and was surprised to find a whole range of variations up to almost 300 mAh.
No wonder DJI warranties them batteries for only up to six months.

On a different note, I lost battery information on the OSD after accidentally desoldering the little black and white sensor wires going down from the power board. The little things were practically smoked. So now the solution is to try solder them back or is there an easier option ( [emoji23] ) ?

Of late the distances have decreased so I took a look at batt capacities remaining and was surprised to find a whole range of variations up to almost 300 mAh.
No wonder DJI warranties them batteries for only up to six months.
if you let your battery go down to 4% its not going to last long:rolleyes:

I typically can get 30-36k feet out of a battery, landing with at least 10%

Depends obviously on wind and other factors.

I flew a drone deploy mission in such high winds that I only had 10-12 minute flight times per battery.

How ??? how ?? im getting only 300ft away and warning of signal loss in open country side after full imu / sensors / compass calibration . all up to date -- notice since last update to dji go also my mavic seems to go a little to the right when flying straight ahead >?

How ??? how ?? im getting only 300ft away and warning of signal loss in open country side after full imu / sensors / compass calibration . all up to date -- notice since last update to dji go also my mavic seems to go a little to the right when flying straight ahead >?
I had fairly solid signal all the way, up until the very end of this 3.8 mile flight. You shouldn't be getting signal loss at 300 ft no matter the interference really. I would send that thing back.

I try to exercise a battery at least every week and usually do so by flying essentially in a large circle covering only about 1/2 mile square, so mavic is never further than half mile away but in sport mode I exceed 30k feet of distance every time unless the wind is crazy.

I have occasionally flown outside vlos and mavic has good signal even 3 miles out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya