DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long range flight over Buenos Aires city with my mavic air 2

Korrd

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I recently got a Mavic Air 2. After building confidence with it, I decided to attempt a long range test over my home city to see how well it can perform on a high interference environment. I managed to do 5 kilometres so far. I am amazed at how much better it is compared to my mini. It just blows it out of the water. The mini can do 1km with yagis while maintaining a stable connection, and 2km at most without video link. This thing did 5k no sweat, and I stopped there as there was some headwind on the way back and I was not sure what to expect battery-wise.

Here is the reulting video. Enjoy.

I recently got a Mavic Air 2. After building confidence with it, I decided to attempt a long range test over my home city to see how well it can perform on a high interference environment. I managed to do 5 kilometres so far. I am amazed at how much better it is compared to my mini. It just blows it out of the water. The mini can do 1km with yagis while maintaining a stable connection, and 2km at most without video link. This thing did 5k no sweat, and I stopped there as there was some headwind on the way back and I was not sure what to expect battery-wise.

You are very brave to attempt this- congratulations. Great footage and view of Buenos Aires. Did you notice that the horizon was tilted in both the main frame and verified on the grid. Do a gimbal calibration.

You are very brave to attempt this- congratulations. Great footage and view of Buenos Aires. Did you notice that the horizon was tilted in both the main frame and verified on the grid. Do a gimbal calibration.
Yeah. I hadn't noticed at first. Thanks!

I used to be quite conservative regarding city flights. But since the drone seems to be quite reliable, I am no longer scared about losing it. Average case scenario, I'd just land on some tall building then go get it.

Beautiful Buenos Aires.
Greetings from the desert in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico

Reactions: Korrd
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60